Changes to ADR rules regarding Child Restraints

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
These document's relate to those changes, and the requirements for all states and territories. These changes were made for introduction on 1st March 2010, but it appears that some are yet to be implemented.

Australian Capital Territory will implement theses laws from 15th March
Northern Territory gov website is a little non helpful, perhaps some of our territorian might find a better link??
South Australia are yet to announce a start date for new laws, but here are the rules to be adopted

Attachments

• NSW & VIC - safer_child_restraints1.pdf
    421.5 KB · Views: 14
  • QLD _child_restraints_mar_10.pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 3
  • TAS_Child_restraints.pdf
    422.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WA_Child_restraints proposed changes.pdf
    230.2 KB · Views: 2
G

Unregistered
There's been quite a bit of publicity about these rules, not all good. Do you know if there are changes required to the actually fixing points? Those stupid things hanging from the roof are just begging for me to whack my skull on them. I personally feel that they should not be required to be fitted unless you actually have a requirement for them. I'd take them out if I could find a nice plug to put in the holes.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Biggest crock of S%$T

Think about how much this will cost some families. Fancy putting a 6yo in a booster. Our back seat is streched already with 2 baby capsules/seats and up till now, my son has been able to use a lapsah inbetween them both. It is going to be hard to squeeze a booster in there now.

Do they expect people to purchase bigger cars to fit all these damn seats in?

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Thanks for the info Kat. Funny that there's been little mention of these new rules in the media that I can see.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I took the child restraints out, I don't have any kids and wont for some time so I'm sure I wont be needing them in the immediate future and they look damn ugly anyway. Got some decent plugs to cover the holes, they just press into the thread where the bolts were and cover the hole, looks decent enough.

Top Bottom