Cheap Brembo rotors

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
They are from an US ebay company called TriNet - they are cheap as... $140 for all 4!!! but are they any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITS...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20adaee985

sprintfrontrear.jpg

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
LOL - funnily enough all I did this morning was doing research about this rotors.

From what I gathered, these rotors are made from China hence the cheap price. There are 100% not suitable for track race and most suitable for light to mid weight cars and they tent not to hold on high temps.

However - I have not found any negative feedback though so I guess it is doing well.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
The guys over on EvoOz haven't had anything bad to say about them either. BUT the seller doesn't offer shipping to Australia.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Hey Irwin are these rotors made from China or made in China. lol.

Damn thats a good price, but i would like to know a bit more about these rotors.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
The guys over on EvoOz haven't had anything bad to say about them either. BUT the seller doesn't offer shipping to Australia.

I think they do post to aus. by the way, does any of them fits to our stock brakes??

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
I'll ask them if they ship to AUS. There is a guy on evooz who is trying to sell a set for $450... so there must be a way to get them down here! =)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
$245.00 for shipping to you via USPS Int'l. Yes we can ship them
$130 + $245 = $375 which is roughly AU$400. How much do similar rotors cost? (RDA, DBA?!?)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
That is a ridiculous postal charge.... ^^^

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Close to 50 pounds of weight... thats the correct USPS postage?! Anyone knows a cheaper option?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Yeah I sent them a shipping request also.

This is for a set of four(4) rotors, front and rear. shipping cost to Australia is $247.65. If you decide to purchase, do not pay until I send you an invoice with shipping cost.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Looks like the standard dodgey Ebay approach.

They put in a really low sell price and just put the profit into the postage.

It's really ****ing lame and I avoid dealign with anyone on ebay who does this.

They argue we can't calculate postage to everywhere, obviously that's bullshit.

They can't be much worse than RDA ultra-squeals.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
There is nothing wrong with the postage. They come from the US and 4 discs are heavy! And USPS is like our beloved post - expensive!

It's still half price of RDA or DBA...I'll buy a set and try them!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
$415.40 AUD

That's the total incl. shipping, very happy with the price as you get only fronts or rears for the same money over here... I'll keep you informed about their performance :cool:

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I'm thinking of getting a set for my EVO as the rotors on it are badly scored.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
They fit if you have Brembo calipers.

They have more rotors available, but nothing specific for our cars... maybe someone knows which of the available rotors would suit. They also have:

1991 - 1999 MITSUBISHI 3000GT SL 3.0 V6
1997 - 2000 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GSX 2.0 L4 AWD
1996 - 2001 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GS 1.8 L4 Fr 10/90
2002 - 2006 MITSUBISHI LANCER 2.0 L4 LS

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Ok, I received a request to give some feedback about these TriNet rotors so here it is.

I have bought these rotors back in Dec 2009 and installed them onto the car in January 2010. I have also bought a set of GiroDisc Magic Pads to go along with the rotors and CRC Brake Disc lube.

Well, all I can say is....these trinet rotors absolutely working perfectly fine and not a single issue at all. At cold temp, I could feel the initial bite is strong and when its hot, it bites hard! Now, I know what your thinking, yes these are el cheapo but they do perform very well.

I do a lot of spirited driving and doing a lot of twisties and at first, I had my doubts that these rotors will fail. Yet I was wrong, the performance is marvelousl and it never fades. I have been thoroughly inspecting the rotors as well time to time and I am just amazed that there is no visible faults at all, no signed of fatigues nor cracks, not even a hairline cracks, i mean it is very clean! Rotor wear is almost none existent which I can say it is fantastic since the GiroDisc pads are semi metallic composite.

There is no brake squeling either, ever as per my post here:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?8873-A-new-angle-on-brembo-squeal.

Also, before I decided to purchased these rotors, I have done a lot of research about these rotors but I could not find any negative feedback from its users (just trolls :D), all I could find is positive feedbacks from Audi owners, Supra, Lexus IS200, Eclipse, Subaru, Evo even Corvette owners. So I guess these rotors are indeed truly performing very well as I have been using for 9months.

Top Bottom