Cheap Brembo rotors

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
from what trinet told me.. shipping is around $250 USD.. probably total is around $600 AUD to get a set to your door..

dont care if it cost up to $800 as long as it does the job and doesn't squeal like a B!TCH

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I only need fronts but thought for that price would get a set. Mine don't spueal anymore because of the Elig pads..

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
For $600, i would rather pay another $200 and get ADR approved slotted rotors.

Regarding the squealing.. mine is also squealing like a bitch. I had the exact same thing happen with my silvia when i went 33 brakes. Tried machining the rotors, special spray, a soft compound pad, these things only worked for a few days, a week tops. Got some slotted rotors and they never squealed again.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
For $600, i would rather pay another $200 and get ADR approved slotted rotors.

Regarding the squealing.. mine is also squealing like a bitch. I had the exact same thing happen with my silvia when i went 33 brakes. Tried machining the rotors, special spray, a soft compound pad, these things only worked for a few days, a week tops. Got some slotted rotors and they never squealed again.

One of my theories is that it is a resenance sound, so maybe the slots have some effect on that?

Still, i am using solid rotors and changing the pads fixed it for me. Strange how some people get it and others don't even with the exact same pad/rotor/car combo.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I got a feeling its Brake Master Cylinder related. Its the only variable I can see which is different on an evo.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Evo's don't have squealing issues? I' ve heard some real bad ones... 2 performance workshops recommended Project Mu NS to me, no squealing and only minor dust and still 100x better then stock Brembo pads.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Think he might just mean that on Evo's, some that don't squeal have different Master Cylinders?

I went on a Evo cruise once and 9 out of the 10 Evo's had it, the one that didn't, had Endless calipers..

Girlfriends Evo did it all the time, different discs, pads etc..

Top Bottom