Clicking noise

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Right, so it varies speed slightly, and goes away after about 30 seconds, regardless of vehicle speed/direction or lack thereof. I recorded it, and will post a link up here once I get the mp3 hosted somewhere.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Wow, that is strange. You will have to show me next time I see you. I reckon we can fix it :)

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Bizzare. It didnt do it this morning when I drove to work. It was only 25 degrees outside, so perhaps the cold air has something to do with it. I'll see how it goes this afternoon on my way home.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Sounding more and more like broken plastic gear for the climate control...does it happen if you try and change the direction or airflow?

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
As in, poking the button that directs air to feets, faces, or in between? That made no difference. Its weird. But on the way home from work it did it again.

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
It still does it, but its less predictable as to when it does. Its definitely related to the airconditioner though, because most of the time, (not all the time however), I can stop the clicking by putting the aircon on. This is different to when it started. Also, there have been the occasional times when it has come on randomly when driving. Im hoping to be able to pull the dashboard and climate control unit out some time soon and see if theres anything broken inside it.

Top Bottom