illuzian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ant
Drive
98 F/L Legnum VR4
Hi All,

Had a quick search can't find anything that applies :(

Have a small coolant leak from the under where I would expect the overflow to leak, as far as I can tell it's not leaking much since my coolant levels are fine but I also don't think it would be the overflow as I've stuck my finger into the hose and its never damp, always dry as a bell.

Any ideas where this would be coming from?

Cheers,

Ant

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
ive had a leak on the hose to thermostat housing, but thats on the airbox side...

illuzian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ant
Drive
98 F/L Legnum VR4
Well I had a bottom radior hose go and fixed so I'm guessing the mechanic did flush the system. It seems to be a fresh small puddle as soon as I've turned on the car(but I can't be certain)

G

Unregistered
My waterpump was leaking in that area which isn't to far from the expansion bottle

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
My guess water pump as that's where mine leaks. You should see dried up coolant on the sump. If it were from your overflow you would see evidence where it overflows near the engine mount.

illuzian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ant
Drive
98 F/L Legnum VR4
Thanks for the info guys. Should I just wait out the 9000ks until my timing belt change or get it looked at ASAP?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Keep a very close eye on your coolant level in the mean time, if the leak gets heaps bad it will have to be fixed earlier than 900k. PS, you dont have to wait until exactly 100k you know lol

Top Bottom