twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Hi guys, I am over from Adelaide until the end of March, so I was wondering if anyone is keen for a meet/cruise, and to show me the best roads you guys have to offer. I am located around richmond, but don't mind traveling a bit, not much else to do for a couple of weekends. I am free on the 26th/27th Feb and 19th/20th of March.

So, who's keen?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I'm interested. There's a few boys in the Richmond area plus it's not hard far to go somewhere in Sydney.

Are you here in your Legnum?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I'm keen for something in February as I'll be on hols at that time in March.

So that's next weekend then?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
i'd be keen to bring my Leggie out depending what day/date

(need to sort out an idle problem though, little bit lumpy.. could be o2 sensor or fuel pump

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I guess majority wins for date, I don't have family commitments on those weekends, so I am flexible.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
im keen to meet 27th feb. 26 booked in for ayc flush at meek so the sunday is good for me :) im bout 20 from richmond plus wakeboard at hawkesbury so im around there heaps anyway

generalboozy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Joshua
Drive
new: 98 Leggy Vr4 old: nissan 200sx, honda integra, toyota corona....now i've seen the light.
i reckon i could fit it all in assuming my car gets back from the shop sweet and sound. should have new tyres by then so would be good to nicely put them through some pace....

i'll tentatively say yes for 27th.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I'll text some of the regulars as well in case they don't see this.....

We normally do a meet at the Olympic Park at Homebush, but it's nowhere near any good cruise spots, so maybe meet close to where you are in close you get easily lost lol
As for cruise ideas, depends on what time people have available. If it's a Sunday I don't have a lot of time. Maybe blast up Bells Line of Road & come back down the Great Western Hwy & back through Winmalee to Richmond???

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
GPS normally prevents me from getting lost:)
Bells Line Rd has been a nice drive the last two weekends:) Any less travelled gems? Less traffic?

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Wish mitchells pass remained open...:( many touge style runs down there till it closed down. Was a top drive

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Hmmmm..... "Sydney" & "less traffic" never go in the same sentence..... could try one of the roads up to Wisemans Ferry??

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi

generalboozy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Joshua
Drive
new: 98 Leggy Vr4 old: nissan 200sx, honda integra, toyota corona....now i've seen the light.
27th sounds good to me and I dig that route :)
I've never been on it and only recently moved down to syd from newcastle....should be fun.

am i allowed to invite non-legnums? they aren't excessively hoonish....maybe a sprinter, maybe an r34 4 door, and maybe a supra and/or FD rx7??

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Hmm....... might draw the line at Skylines.... we can't have our meets being 'douched' up lol...

So, are we agreed on the route? We going up the mountains or heading to Wisemans??? We can stop at the pub at Wisemans & have a chill session if you want.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I will leave the route upto the local's, over to you Brad (you seem to have had the most input). I would be keen for a decent length drive.
As for a meet point, unless you have one organised, there is a largish carpark (that seems fairly quiet so good for a meet) on Hawkesbury Valley Wy, opposite the airfield (not the information centre), look up "Ham Common Bicentenary Park, Clarendon" on where is, it is just a large bitumin area mainly used by, well, no one from what I have seen.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Bells Line of Rd can get to a pain, especially as most of it's single lane & you get caught behind slowpokes.

The same could happen to Wisemans Ferry, but at the end of it there's areas there for photos etc. Plus the pub if we're thirsty. I don't really remember it being too hard or twisty, but not as boring as Bells Line of Rd.

So when are we meeting ??

Top Bottom