Data Loggers (EvoScan, Mitsulogger, DataLogLab)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Actually, on that note. The "cheap cable" is only good for datalogging the engine ECU. To connect to the ABS & AYC ECU's you need the correct (Evoscan or takrix) Cable, as they have a second connector to the OBDII connector which is used to assist the communications... so Lee's right, spend the $$ on the genuine stuff - it's more worthwhile.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
I bought the cable and software, the cable has arrived. How do you get the software? Is a disc or a download - I didn;t receive any download instructions when I paid.

I have emailed evoscan and sent a support request but not heard back yet.

Apparently it can log all the AYC/ABS/ASC ecu data (which is why I bought it). Once I get the software I'll let you know how it goes with this stuff.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hmmm, you should have got a download link when you paid for it. You'll have to wait for EvoScan to get back to you.

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
If you paid by paypal you should have returned to the evoscan site and then downloaded the software after that .Did you just close the page after you paid.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
also serial number is included with it..

about the datalogger.. i haven't played around with it for quite awhile.. been busy with practicing in welding and work..

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
Help with ABS AYC datalogging

I have evoscan and the good cable. ABS datalogging just doesn't seem to work.

As soon as I start datalogging the ABS goes haywire. Actuators go off and on, the pedal goes spongy, strange noises emanate from under the hood.

If I drive off very slowly it all comes good.

However the datalogging just doesn;t seem to work. None of the values make any sense. The wheel speeds just sit on 237km/hr (or something) and don't change. Even the brake light sensor doesn;'t show what the brake light is doing

If I do a diagnostic code check using the flashing lights on the dash - there are no codes. If I use evoscan it reports a whole bunch of codes (including the speed sensors).

I need to know whether my ABS ECU is plain stuffed or there are in fact problems with the evoscan ABS datalogging.

It becomes more complicated because wheel speed etc "mostly" seems to work in the AYC logging. I would have thought they use the same sensors?

Using AYC datalogging most things seem to work except the rear left speed sensor. It seems to read backwards. It starts at 184 km/hr then gets lower as I go faster.

AYC seems to function correctly and all the other parameters seem correct.

In AYC logging does anyone know what ST-1 ST-2 and ST-N (on/off) actually show. I thought that was the steering sensor ?? (steer degrees and steer degree rate shows properly elsewhere in the log).

I had my ASC problem/event occur during AYC datalogging the other day. My problems with ABS/ASC is why I got the evoscan.

Going around a left corner the ABS seemed to come on and the brakes actuated with the thunking sound of the ABS. No abnormal parameters on the AYC log. Steer degrees and rate looked normal. Wheel speeds (except for rear left which is always haywire in ecoscan) where as they should be.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
The EVOSCAN programme designer seems to be just ignoring my requests for info. He originally sent my one reply now nothing is coming.

He was damn quick to reply when I inquired about buying it (asking does ABS logging work - he said yes). But now that it seems ABS logging doesn't in fact work he has gone silent.

Anybody know much about him

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
The only thing I can think of is he's developed it specifically for EVO's, and the fact it works with most other mitsubishi's is coincidental. If he hasn't responded it may be he is trying to source a local VR4 to try it out (in NZ) or he may be ignoring you.. The only time i contacted him was to purchase and as you said, the response was quick.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Marty, I suggest you come along to the wash meet on wednesday night.. so we can test your evoscan against mine...

also bring your laptop..

LeeButts.. bring yours too.. and your laptop.. i wanna see what settings you have..

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
Sorry been away for a few weeks, then busy at work.

When is the next meet?

My problem with ASC continues, annoyingly intermittent and without reliable diagnostics it will be difficult to diagnose.

I think it will now either be a faulty ECU or an intermittent faulty wiring.

I need to compare my datalogging against others, and then maybe try and source some ECUs for trouble shooting.

I have heard back from the evoscan bloke. He says the request codes will be incorrect for ABS. Hopefully fixed next update. Don't know when that will be.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
Not at all. Evoscan told me they will get the ABS logging correct on the next update - I have heard nothing new since. Is there a new update out yet?

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
anyone bought the whole kit? (GPS, LCD and cable) i want to mount GPS in place of stock clock, and i wonder can i use different device. 399$ for this guy device is a bit high, but he told me he modifyed the original altin a800 device (100$ in Poland), and his software wont work on other windows CE.
i don't want laptops, i want nissan GT-R style dials! :D
BTW, my 1st post here, proud owner of black 2001 sedan from yesterday, 4 years dreaming comming true :) japan import, 55k km :>

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Hi Fellas

Have any of you tried using evo scan for boost gauge? and also Air to fuel ratios?

I want a clean look so i dont want a chunky gauge sitting in front of me and thinking of seting up Evo Scan to Display Boost Gauge and some other once.

From my understanding of the info on the EvoScan web page is that it should work and if i put in a Double Din VGA screen wich would conect to a laptop under drivers seat wich would have EvoScan on it.

So can this be an alternative to traditional gauges - GTR Style Display :) like someone mentioned before.

Cheers
Tomas

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Our ECU doesn't log boost.
It does however log airflow, which I guess can be used as in indication of boost.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Hey all,

I borrowed a evoscan cable off a fellow ozvr3.com member (thanks) and plugged it in. First thinng I notice is dash lights flashing when in park, but I am havng trouble getting xp to recognise the connection. It see's it as a usb-serial connection but won't instal.

So my questions are this:

1. Does the cable only work with Evoscan software?
2. If it will work without Evoscan software then where can I find a driver?
3. Has anyone else tried to use the cable with any other software?

I hope these answers aren't within the earlier pages, I apologize if they are.
I have a carputer as some on here would be aware and was simply wanting to plug the cable in so I could have a look at the information that is available from the obdII connection.

PM Me or post reply.

Cheers Peoples.

G

Unregistered
It also depends upon which version of evoscan and which cable you are using. If you are using the taxtrix 1.3 cable, using this with evoscan V2.5 shoudl work. But the new open port 2.0 cable, even with the new V2.6 evoscan doesn't work. I am getting a 1.3 cable so I can datalog, and using the 2.0 cable for reflashing via OpenECU.

hopefully full support will come out soon for the openport 2.0 cable with evoscan

G

Unregistered
I want to buy the Evoscan software and check it out, and I thought I'd buy the cable from them at the same time.

Looking at the order page, which is the best cable to buy.. is it this one?

OpenPort 1.3U Universal USB Cable
Datalogging and EcuFlash Reprogramming Cable.
USD
$137.00

Does the 2.0 cable have much that justifies the extra cost and can it still do the AYC bleeding stuff?

OpenPort 2.0 Universal USB Cable
Datalogging and EcuFlash Reprogramming Cable.

USD $166.00

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
How do you get V2.6?

I have 2.5 and it doesn;t log AYC and ABS properly (which is why I bought the bloody thing). When I asked about the logging I was told it would be fixed in the next update. How do you get the updates, any out yet.

I note the home page says V2.5 logs ABS and AYC, but it doesn't do it properly.

Top Bottom