Data Loggers (EvoScan, Mitsulogger, DataLogLab)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Bart:
O2 sensors are supposed to swing from ~0.1 to ~0.9 continuously as the ECU varies the fuel mix from lean to rich. They are only disfunctional when stuck at either end of the scale, so yours is working fine.

Coolant temp sounds about right to me - dont worry about that.

And the timing sounds about right too - I've seen regularly down into the mid tens (~13,14) under WOT so sounds right too.

G

Unregistered
cool, cheers for that. I'm just getting pretty crappy fuel consumption at the moment and trying to trace the cause. Though im getting an intermittent miss also, so ill tackle that next!

Cheers, Bart.

G

Unregistered
Christian have you tried using both cables now to see if they link to the AYC and ABS ecus. My ayc pump has sprung a leak and I've just fitted a replacement but still have to bleed the system.

ive just tested activating the pump and left and right clutch

the pump definitely worked.. I only ran it for 5 seconds..

the left clutch worked fine and had that typical whine.. but the right clutch is a different story, i sounded and felt like it worked but wasn't as whiny

ABS.. i managed to get the front abs to work independently but the rears.. it i could only use RR solenoid valve but not the RL.. could it have just 1 working solenoid valve at the rear?!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
peter if you're talking about the vag.com datalogger, I didn't stuff around with it anymore since the evoscan cable was working for 3 computers (ecu, ayc, abs)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Christian have you tried using both cables now to see if they link to the AYC and ABS ecus. My ayc pump has sprung a leak and I've just fitted a replacement but still have to bleed the system.
Ouch Pete - you replaced the whole pump? How much did that set you back??

G

Unregistered
peter if you're talking about the vag.com datalogger, I didn't stuff around with it anymore since the evoscan cable was working for 3 computers (ecu, ayc, abs)

Yes that one. I've removed pin 9 so will try it later today.

G

Unregistered
My cable off ebay dosen't communicate with any other ecu apart from the engine. I've submitted a ticket but looks like I will have to buy a genuine cable as well

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
peter, dunno if you've been informed or know about the evoscan datalogger.. there are 2 connectors with it.. where 1 connector which only has 1 wire connects to the other socket next to the obd connector.. which i believe is a trigger to turn on the ayc and abs computer..

G

Unregistered
peter, dunno if you've been informed or know about the evoscan datalogger.. there are 2 connectors with it.. where 1 connector which only has 1 wire connects to the other socket next to the obd connector.. which i believe is a trigger to turn on the ayc and abs computer..

I spotted that in your pic but didn't realise that was part of the cable. I'll be ordering one of those cables as I've just bled the system with all 4 wheels in the air method. It would be much safer with this cable and a lot quicker. thanks

G

Unregistered
How in the world did you get an AYC pump for £150?! Someone nice with a wreck?

Hehe ,his cambelt snapped and destroyed the engine.I asked how much he wanted for the pump and he said he would go and do some research and come back with a price. I don't think he did as Wodjno wanted a lot more so I am very happy and it's working fine so far.

G

Unregistered
Sheesh man, that's a fantastic score, WTG!!

Anyway, back on-topic methinks :redface:

Hamish has replied and confirmed you need there cable with the extra connector for the AYC/ABS comms.

Yes it was a bargain at that price:D

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
EVOSCAN

What sort of data can it log from the ABS/ASC/AYC ecus? Can it look at the steer sensor data to these ECUs?

Do we have to pay in USD? - That means there is a 40% price increase

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Only Naughtica has the ABS/AYC ECU's giving feedback so far, and so he would be best to tell you what works.

And yes, we have to pay in $US so it means in the current market we do get screwed over... Perhaps contact him first and see if he has a $NZ payment option, but I'd imagine he would just convert it anyway, and you'd still get screwed as the $AU has slumped against ALL Currencies.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Because the method was actually developed by a member of Club VR4, and seeing as it's in their Members only section, its not our place to post it.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Hmm that's fair enough and rather cheeky of them.

How much is membership worth then. Is it cheaper than the official plug :/

I dunno the internet being what it is, anything being propriety like that makes me boil.

Someone who is a member PM the author of the thread, get him to join here and post it up for us.

Problem solved?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Support the guy who writes EvoScan and buy one of his cables, it's a good program and reasonably priced IMO.

Top Bottom