Cool data display

G

Unregistered
if you look close at the photos it was fitted to a late model wrx....may i say anymore....

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I actually had one of these but sold it some time ago for my Skyline. Was when the guy was originally making them, i can tell you it was ALOT less than $1300 :)

G

Unregistered
I don't think u will need all those detail information....

G

Unregistered
wouldnt an aftermarket ecu plugged into a laptop give you something similar??

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Evo-Scan release something very similar for Mitsubishi's for ~$300

NEW EvoScan StandAlone LCD ECUDataScan Display v1.0 (1994-2006 Mitsubishi) Now you can display your live vehicle parameters on your dashboard without a laptop, via the 16pin diagnostic connector and MUTII protocol. You can get the same display items as EvoScan. The dimensions of the display unit is 13cm by 5cm, and has a cable to plug into your diagnostic port. Supports all the same vehicles as EvoScan.
8 parameter Mode Realtime LCD Display:
ECUDataScan.gif

4 Parameter Mode Realtime LCD Display with Peak Hold on the right:
DataScan4.gif

Default Parameters available are, RPM, Speed, Coolant Temp, Battery, Air Flow Freq, Injector Pulse Width, Injector Duty Cycle, Ignition Timing, Throttle, O2 Sensors, Intake Temperature, ISC Step, Atmospheric Press, other parameters for your vehicle available on request. You will still want a Laptop for hardcore tuning, reflashing and datalogging, but this is great being able to monitor temperatures, o2 sensors, and knock data right on your dashboard. Buy HERE only $279USD...

OR you can just use your laptop with aftermarket cable for the grand sum of ~$50 AU ;) (or $123 for a genuine evo-scan cable)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
or add another $400 or so for a touchscreen EEEPC. The you have a carpc too.

G

Unregistered
have you got more info on this trav

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ben hit up MP3car.com or Mobile Electronics Australia if you want to learn more about Car PC's (AKA carputers).

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Those pre-made carpc / carputers are always SO exxy. I couldn't swallow spending that much loot on one, when there are so many alternatives.

For example one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/7-Car-GPS-Bl...yZ163801QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought a cheapy gps and put destinator 7 on it which you could also do with this being windows CE.... only thing these units don't do is evo scan, however they have video in so you could input a laptop to them if you where keen. I have heard some bad things about these kinds of units thought maybe?

Ohh man im a geek D:

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
have you got more info on this trav

what do you need to know?

buy an Asus EEEPC off ebay, either a 7 or 8.9 inch one. buy a solderless touchscreen panel from ebay, and install it on the EEEPC. plug your evoscan cable in, find a lovely lady to rest it on in the passenger seat and bob's ur auntie.

you could go so far as to install a GPS unit and tv tuner/fm receiver into the EEEPC. There are a multitude of USB based mods for the EEEPC all over the net, so some googling and you'll be amazed what you'll find.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'm (slowly) designing something around the new VIA Nano soon to be released. Can't wait to get my first sample! ;)

G

Unregistered
i like it trav...hmmm another cost to the bill. I guess it would also be powerful enough to run the tuning software for an aftermarket ecu too?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Sounds good sillicon.

I still recon i'd lean towards a prebuilt system which a hidden away PC for the tuning.... getting, GPS/reverse cam with an input to activate + bluetooth running reliably in windows together + an amp for audio out s going to be pushing the bluescreens even for XP imo.

Nuts > afaik ecu programs are just serial data anyhow so you could probably do it on far less powerful machien than an eeepc.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
^^ Too dangerous anyway - you'd crash at least once a day lol

Top Bottom