Cool thinking

Sloth

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mike
Drive
Galant VR4, Legnum VR4
Sorry about the pun in the title (ok, not really that sorry!)

I have a s2 leggie auto.

I am gonna fit a transmission cooler (which mounts up against the radiator).

I am also going to fit Ivans stage 2 Intercooler kit (larger intercooler in front of the radiator), with the power steering cooler (which also mounts up against the radiator).

(Can you see where I am going yet?)

As far as I can see, all of the above will reduce the available flow of cool air through the radiator. Has anyone had any overheating dramas with trans & p/steer coolers fitted? Does the Temp sit higher than previously?

I am very tempted to get one of the alloy radiators with the 40mm core (www.michaelsautoparts.com.au) to try to prevent any coolant overheating hassles.

Thoughts & comments appreciated..........

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I am gonna fit a transmission cooler (which mounts up against the radiator)

Don't put it hard up against the rad. You should be able to sit it off to the RHS (looking from front) of the rad.

I am also going to fit Ivans stage 2 Intercooler kit (larger intercooler in front of the radiator), with the power steering cooler (which also mounts up against the radiator).
Again, you can locate the PS cooler other than directly in front of the radiator.

As far as I can see, all of the above will reduce the available flow of cool air through the radiator. Has anyone had any overheating dramas with trans & p/steer coolers fitted? Does the Temp sit higher than previously?
It wont reduce flow that much that as long as your cooling system is ok, would cause problems.

I am very tempted to get one of the alloy radiators with the 40mm core (www.michaelsautoparts.com.au) to try to prevent any coolant overheating hassles.

Good thinking, but not completely necessary.
Having said that, if you did get the 40mm unit, i doubt you would have any dramas.

Top Bottom