Data Loggers (EvoScan, Mitsulogger, DataLogLab)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
*chuckles* In all fairness, I can understand people being a little intimidated by the AYC service - its definitely a lot more complicated than just changing your oil! But then, if you can't do it yourself you really should get a workshop to do it for you...

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
i reakon with the skills of chris and brains of brent we'd be right!! ill bring the booze u supply the fluids :p

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just got my evoscan working..

does anyone wanna give me hints and tips on setting this up? apart from what Lee's already posted out?!

I'd very much appreciate it.. :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
good news guys.. the EVOSCAN AYC & ABS Actuator Control DOES work for our cars..

I'M HAPPY.. Now I'm looking forward to servicing my AYC on my days off.. :)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
good news guys.. the EVOSCAN AYC & ABS Actuator Control DOES work for our cars..

I'M HAPPY.. Now I'm looking forward to servicing my AYC on my days off.. :)

Did you also manage to get it to log data from the AYC and ABS? Can you post a pic of the cable connector so I can compare it to the pins on mine. I might need to buy a newer cable...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
as in the error codes?! if so.. yes.. had 1 error code in the ayc.. which was stop lamp switch and had none in abs..

also we probably can use the evoscan to bleed the within the fluid in the abs system?!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
as in the error codes?! if so.. yes.. had 1 error code in the ayc.. which was stop lamp switch and had none in abs..

also we probably can use the evoscan to bleed the within the fluid in the abs system?!

I think you should also be able to log things from the AYC/ABS sensors like wheel speed, lateral G etc

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
thats fantastic! what did the fluids for your ayc cost you all up christian? id be keen to do mine when i get some spare cash...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
ill take my car for a test run later on.. just waiting for things to cool down :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Christian, I take it that was with the genuine evo-scan cable. Have you also modified your VAG-Com cable and tried it with that?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
with the VAG-Com cable, nope not yet, I will have a look and see what I can do about it.. if it can be modified then it'll be alot easier for everyone.. :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Can you post up a pic of the Evoscan cable end (ie. the pins) so I can see how it compares to my VAG COM cable?
:)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
you mean, pull it apart? at this stage, I dont feel comfortable pulling it apart.. since I've spent $89 on it, unlike the VAG-Com which is $15 only..

i'll let use it to service my ayc first then i'll open it up..

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
no no no, dont pull it apart... take a photo of the cable end where the pins are so we can confirm what pins are present. ie.
OBD2-type-D.jpg

Right side of this picture, but showing the pins that are in the end ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
i'll let you know later, when i get home.. and i'll try to take a photo of it too..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Prob is, that's a 9-pin serial (RS232) on the other end. My OBD-II cable is USB and has ALL pins populated at the harness end, so that's not gonna help all that much.

Chris can you confirm whether Evoscan and your cable allow you complete access to the AYC proportioning valve and the left and right chamber valves, as well as the AYC pump? You won't be able to do a bleed without access to these...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Trev, I can confirm that the new cable and evoscan v2.5 DO allow you to gain control of the said parts as I've tried using it individually at a quiet area.. I heard the whining sound from the rear as if i was doing a hard left/right and saw the AYC bars going up with 3 bars lit..

also after operating the left and right valves, i then activated the pump which i also heard.. different sound from what i explained.. i wasn't quite sure if it was okay to do this since i wasn't bleeding it or anything so i stopped it right away..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
If its all working correctly the pump SHOULD stop on it's own once the pressure switch turns it off. Be an interesting thing to test...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
ive just tested activating the pump and left and right clutch

the pump definitely worked.. I only ran it for 5 seconds..

the left clutch worked fine and had that typical whine.. but the right clutch is a different story, i sounded and felt like it worked but wasn't as whiny

ABS.. i managed to get the front abs to work independently but the rears.. it i could only use RR solenoid valve but not the RL.. could it have just 1 working solenoid valve at the rear?!

Top Bottom