Data Loggers (EvoScan, Mitsulogger, DataLogLab)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I got mine from limitless.co.nz for about $115AUD including the evoscan software but I think there are cheaper ways to get just the cable. There's a thread about it on club vr4 somewhere.

cheers

Lee

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hey Folks,

here's the power graph and settings from a 3rd gear run I did this evening (under controlled conditions of course...).

dll-settings1.jpg

dll-settings2.jpg

20071027-power.jpg

149kw looks pretty reasonable for a stock car assuming a 30% drivetrain loss.

cheers

Lee

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Got the cable and Datascan software up and running, logging on the way to work this morning was FUN! LOL

I used the guide in the members section for using the "china" cable, and its the best $46 I've spent so far! ($19 cable, $27 software)

I HIGHLY recomment to all that you do this as you can not only log all sorts of parameters, it also puts into easy text on the screen what error codes your ECU (if any).

Will get screen shots later ;)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
The error codes from EvoScan can't be trusted I've found. My dash light shows now errors but EvoScan reports 4 different ones.

cheers

Lee

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Interesting you say that, I have the following codes:

Intake Temp Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor
Engine Coolant Temp Sensor
Camshaft Position Sensor
Barometric Pressure Sensor

Yet temp gauge, intake temp output etc all seemed fine. Can you point me in the direction of how to read them w/out datascan?

Cheers

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah I get the same ones. When you plug in your cable the dash lights should flash.

Engine light will show you the main ECU codes, AYC light flashes AYC ECU codes and the ABS light does the ABS system codes. If you have an auto the (N) light flashes any transmission related codes I believe.

It will use long and short flashes e.g. <long> <long> <short> is code 21, <long> <short> <short> <short> is 13.
It will cycle thorough each code then start at the beginning again.

cheers

Lee

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Ahh, yeah I noticed they all flash at you till you go >20kph ;) Will have to take note of how they are flashing tonight on the way home.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Lee: I did full logging for my 45 min run to work the other day, and got some interestin results. The most interesting was the knock count - occasionally it would register a knock count of 1, and at one stage I had a knock count of 3. The most intriguing part of this was it was occuring at about 20% throttle! On a couple of full power runs, I would have 0 knock count, as I did 99.5% of the time, but occasionally had these odd readings. I am running shell V-Power (98 RON) fuel so I doubt it would be the fuel. Have you seen anything similar with your car?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah I did see the odd small knock count like you describe. I don't know much about knock sensors but I presume they have some kind of margin for error. Considering the engine is rotating 66 times a second (@ 4000rpm) 1 - 3 knocks would be nothing to worry about I'd say.

I'm due for another play with the logger now my exhaust is on. Interested to work out a 0-100 time :) I'll see if I still see the odd knock count value.

cheers

Lee

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Ahh good to know you got it too. From what I understand of Nissan ECU's - in particular Power FC's, when they are displaying knock I think they worry when knock count is over about 20 or 30, not 1 or 2. Thought the same would apply to Mitsi ECU's

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
For those wondering what some of the logs are exactly, here is a good explanation:
http://www.vfaq.com/TMO/
Its for a palm pilot based program, but details all the same information as you get from EvoScan and the like - standard Mitsi terms/values. :)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
So anyone with EvoScan 2.3 tried out the new AYC and ABS logging features? I haven't had time (and my car has been at the mechanic).

It can also now be used to bleed the AYC apparently - sweet!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Lee - do you have the link to download 2.3? I've got my serial number, but dont have the address to d/l it from :(

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Andy - are you a member of CVR4? If so there is an article there on how to get a cable for $20 if you are handy with a soldering iron, OR yes, you can pay $80 odd for the limitless cable.

Top Bottom