Diff Oils - Point me in the right direction..

G

Unregistered
Yeah I figured that, I was just repeating the warning.

Syntrax *can* be used in a manual transmission provided you have one that specifies GL5 - most do not, unless they are a 'dog box' (no synchros).

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Castrol Syntrax 75W-90

Full synthetic SAE 75W/90, API GL5. manual transmission, transaxle and rear axle lubricant with outstanding extreme pressure, synchroniser and high temperature performance. For vehicles that combine gearbox and hypoid diffs, rear axles of light cars and secondary drive axles of 4WD vehicles.

Straight from the castrol website, guess it can be used in the transfer case and diff says so right there and its fully synthetic and and says for hypoid diffs. doesn't say for LSD's but if we have AYC we don't have LSD's, right?

G

Unregistered
Yes, I use that one in my own car's transfer case & diff.

AYC = No LSD.

And remember to only put Mitsubishi SP3 into your AYC.

If you have EvoScan then bleeding the AYC system is really simple.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Craig.

For the gearbox, you will know that you have the right Castrol Syntrans product if it's described as fully synthetic, around 75w85 weight, GL4 and it comes in 1 litre bottles. You will need 3 bottles to change the gearbox fluid (around 2.7 litres).

For the diff (LSD) and transfer case, I used Elf oil LS90. Note that my car does not have AYC. The diff needs about 0.5 litres and the transfer case needs about 0.62 litres.

Top Bottom