EBC green stuff

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
I've my car booked in for an "A" service tomorrow and am on my way out soon to go and pick up my EBC Green stuff pads which MMC will then fit for me.

I'm getting them from Hi Tech Brake & Clutch in Mt. Eden

$173 ex GST (F)
$153 ex GST (R)

Seemed nice enough over the phone. they asked me I'll be doing any track driving with them etc. (which i wont be).

Has anyone else used these on VR-4's? If so please give me some feedback on them (even if you have used them on another car). I'm also having the front discs machined as I have a slight shudder under heavy braking.

Cheers!@

G

Unregistered
Hey mate ... I also had the shuddering brakes (ie. Warped Disks) so I swapped mine out for RDA Slotted rotors and funny enuff EBC Green Stuff Pads. They r excellent pads (u'll get a shock when u first brake heavily as the outer coating smokes up heaps). Very good brake pad for the money. The guys doing track work use the Red Stuff or a combo of both (red front, green back).
Definately worth it. I have seen a few other people on other forums give them a good wrap.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Cheers Paul, yeh... don't have the spare cash atm do swap the discs out. hopefully they've got enough life left in them for a bit longer :)

the pads are sitting in my car waiting to be fitted tomorrow. Can't wait.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've heard lots of good stuff about green stuff pads too.

G

Unregistered
I have been racing with the EBC range for a long time now and if its s every day car with occasional track use, then they EBC's are fantastic. I run Red Stuff on the front on race day and go back to green stuff for street driving. But I have customers who have raced with the green stuffs and had no problems at all. highly recomend them.

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
on the UK EBC web site they recommend red stuff for the VR-4 which I'm using with no problems as a every day pad

G

Unregistered
The red stuff I found had a higher warm up time compared to the green stuff, but no reason why they can't be used as a normal daily driver.

G

Unregistered
A workshop has told me to get hawk performance Brake pads as they are ment to be better than the EBC's, but I don't know what price range they are in so just something to check out.

Just to note the hawk pads I got work great but as they are very hard they do squeal a bit sometimes.

http://www.hawkperformance.com

Top Bottom