EOI : Fitness and food thread ???

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Great job Mel... lots of good easy ideas for recipes.

For a quick easy lunch I usually boil 3 eggs. Mash them with pinch of salt and curry them. Butter 4-6 slices of wholemeal and make egg and lettuce sandwiches. Hots the spot nicely.

My meal regiment in a normal day is:
Breakfast:
Bowl nutrigrain/5 wheatbix

Morning tea:
Protein drink
Banana

Lunch:
4-6 sangas

Arvo tea:
Protein drink

Tea:
Steak/Chicken/Fish &/or Salad/Veg/Pasta

Just before Bed:
Protein Drink

This is mainly the ideal diet for someone highly active that does sport or exercise several hours a week. In my case I'm just an exercise junkie and will do anything that's fun.

One trick with getting best results for recovery after doing strength or body building training is to have a protein drink 2 hours before working out and then less than 20 minutes after have another half protein drink. DO NOT EAT A BANANA OR ANY OTHER SOFT FOOD. The key here is to trick the brain into drinking rather than eating. If you eat a banana your brain will shut the valve to your duodenum and the protein you've drunk won't be absorbed for another 2 hours, by then it's too late and your body having muscular fatigue will look for the easiest source of nutrients - itself (metabolise muscle). Which is why having a quick protein after a workout that's rabidly absorbed will allow your body to draw on the proteins you've just absorbed giving massive gains in strength &/or size.

This works for me and I am a hard gainer. Hope this helps.

G

Unregistered
Dr Josh :)

My diet looks similar in ways ... it all depends on "what im trying to do to myself" at the time lol...

at the moment it looks like this for "most" days

1 - Breakfast

Rolled oats + 2 spoons Macadamia oil + 6 eggs + 250ml glass of soy

2 - 3 hours later

Chicken + 1/2 Avocado + Massive bowl of salad + rolled oats + 250 glass of soy

3 - Lunch

Fish/chicken + 1 whole broccoli + 30ml shot of macadamia oil + 50g sweet potato

Pre workout shake

25g whey protien isolate
20g Dextrose

Post workout shake

45g whey protien isolate
40g Dextrose
10g Glutamine

4 - Post workout meal

300g Chicken + 100g oats + green veg

5 - Snack

salad + 6 eggs

6 - Before bed

Whey protien isolate + 5 grams glutamine

i can see that you are doing the right thing bey eating little meals and keeping your protien doses in good order....well done mate!!

it is absoloutly true that you should have your protien shake within the first 20 mins post workout... the body goes into an anabolic state at this point.... for the next 2 hours you have a window of oppertunity to recover and feed. Post workout meals should be as clean as possible... and as dr josh says... this is probably your most inportant meal in your training regime.... as the body can turn on itself by releasing "cortisol" an enzyme that breakes down the muscle to feed on amino acids " catabolic" .... terrible thing.... all that hard work for nothing....the by product is ammonia....

useful tip... body odor... if you smell you've gone catabolic....i usually use this as an idication of wheather my diet is right or not.... and use it to adjust :)

Quick VR4

are you a recreational sprinter or pro? i take my hat off to you either way as i know its not simply a sport that you can become good at because you want to.... genetics pay a huge role in sprinting... i bet your cut as hell... i get my clients and use sprinting when stripping fat... i personally fins it is the funnest and best way to generally strip fat and there is a certain muscle quality that is developed when sprinting is put into any regime... its explosive.... its an awesome sport.... good on you....

Chrisss

if you havent been to the gym very much or havent been at all i always suggest a full body workout to begin... its "the norm" in the industry to just pin a novice workout on someone and slap them on the back... but there is logic to it ... i usually only put them on one for a maximum of 1 month... depending how quiclky they adapt... because in essence thats what it is really for.... for adaption, familliarization and to "wake up" neurological pathways and the central nervous sytem to "load" and muscle recruitment.

9.5 hour days are long buddy.... make sure you properly take care of your calorie intake and you will be fine... is strenth is your main goal then attaing it will be easy :)

try something like this for 2 weeks -
legs

1 - Leg press - 2 set - 8-12 reps - you can do squats instead if you like...
2 - Hamstring curl - 2 sets - 8 -12 reps

back

1 - Bent over row - 2 sets - 8 -12 reps
2 - Lat pulldown 2 sets - 8 -12 reps

Chest

1 - Incline bench press - 2 sets - 8-12 reps

Shoulders

1 - dumbell press - 2 sets - 8-12 reps
2 - lateral raise - 2 sets - 8 - 12 reps

Arms

1 - barbell curl - 2 sets - 8-12 reps
2 - tricep pushdowns - 2 sets - 8-12 reps

Abs

1a - Crunches - 25 -
superset twice
1b - Plank - 30 sec

you will be able to monitor your strenght progress by the amount of weight lifted and intesity during your workouts... record your advancements and let me know when it becomes too easy for ya so adjustments can be made :p

try and squeeze in 20 mins of easy cardio after... and stretch AFTER not before you workout.... and be sure to properly warm up before you start with inteded exercise and light weight... :p

do this 2 times a week... train hard... eat well and sleep ....

cheers

G

Unregistered
lol... 2 weeks to a month... then probably go onto a split program - upper / lower body...

and now goes for 3 - 4 days a week instead of the two...

G

Unregistered
HEY... GOLDCOASTERS!!! if there are enough of us here anyone interested in meeting up for touch footy and bbq once a fortnight??? idea just popped into my head....

thoughts peeps

:)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
wow you defiantly know your stuff mel.

ive never really bothered with those whey protien drinks as i thought they were a bit of a waste of money. but might give them a go for a while and see what results i get.

G

Unregistered
they do indeed help ... the most important one to have is POST workout... you can get away without the PRE worokut one if you have eaten properly an hour or so before your workout... one of the main reasons why protien powders are so useful is because the are so quiclky absorbed and resleased into your bloodstream to be used in recovery.

dont be confused be the large variety!!! i know it can be confusing...

I mix my own blend of carbohydrate and protien isloate because i am so sensitive to lactose.... and there are so many out there that add milk solids as a filler agent and they do a real number on me...

find one with a WPI - WPC ( whey protien isolate - whey protien isolate ) and one with some waxy maize all pre mixed... i can reccommend BSC products ... as well as the ASN house stuff.... but really anything is better than nothing :) the equasion is simple.. just need the protien and carbs in fast and easy... :)

if in doubt just ask the merchant for a 50/50 mix of carbs and protien... this is well balanced mixture....

cheers

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
Cool thread idea,

I was a gym junkie for about 3 years but got bored of it all.
Since then I've been involved in martial arts for about 3 years now, done some bjj and boxing with mma and hapkido also cause it looked cool and now doing krav maga which is brutal.
Anyone else into martial arts ???

As for fitness i use kettle bells and do bodyweight stuff mostly but still mix it up with a gym session maybe 3 times a month, supersets ftw !!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
First off, good on you Mel for offering up your knowledge and advice for members on here - just getting people THINKING about fitness is a great step in the right direction, but then giving them somewhere to go with it is crucial - otherwise people get bored, disinterested, disillusioned and then it's twice as hard for them to pick that ball up again ;)

If I can wade in with a couple of thoughts (some of which may just repeat what Mel's been saying, so apologies for any repetition) - I'll start by saying I'm not just talking out of my backside, I actually studied nutrition and body building for a couple of years and got halfway through my PT cert IV (and then my study time got taken up with girl time, and I realised I was never going to be a professional trainer, so never finished). I've spent a lot of time, a lot of money and read a lot of books and even scientific journal articles in my research. So here's some of that distilled and free, 'cause I loves ya :p

The body building industry is fixated on protein - shakes, powders, bars, gel, capsules... if there is a protein gum I wouldn't be surprised. There are a lot of good reasons for this - dietary protein sources contain essential amino acids that cannot be absorbed or synthesised any other way. These essential elements are necessary for thousands of functions within the body, from skin growth to eye health to (of course) muscle tissue repair. Without these, your body will weaken, you'll become sick and eventually die.

The good news is, nearly everyone already consumes the vast majority of their body's normal protein requirements - meats, eggs and dairy products all contain protein (in some cases like chicken breast, there's not a great deal else). However, when you start to exercise regularly, your body's requirements for energy and repair go up drastically, so you have to up your food intake.

Here's where things get a bit too 'voodoo' for my liking. Most PTs will advise you to start supplements (of all kinds, but primarily protein shakes). Yes, you should definitely increase your protein intake, especially if you're trying to build muscle. However, protein isn't the beginning and end of the story - in fact, it's only about 15%. The other 85% is energy, in the form of carbohydrates (mostly complex, but simple carbs play a crucial role, too). Now this seems to fly in the face of contemporary fitness advice - why is everyone talking about protein if it's not the most vital element? Well, a number of reasons. First, a great deal of the fitness industry revolves around nutrition products. Just look at the vast number of powders and supplements you can buy, either endorsed or owned by gym chains or famous fitness personalities. That's called vested interest. The problem is, so much of the research that's been done on the topic has been commissioned or funded by nutrition companies or other parties with vested interests. And even when it's not, the studies that we hear about are the ones the nutrition companies show us which support their products.

Don't get me wrong here - I honestly believe the vast majority of supplement companies are providing their customers with products they demand, that they can't even get any other way. The problem is I think there's a bit too much marketing and not enough unbiased science going on.

So, back to reality - what should you be doing? Well obviously, cut out unnecessary 'bad' fats - junk food, fast food, pastries, sweets, it's all pretty straight-forward and logical. Break your meals up so you're eating five of six times a day, which regulates and stimulates your metabolism - it works faster while convincing your body that it doesn't need to worry about storing energy in the form of fat. I'm not going to say don't have protein with every meal - a little bit isn't a bad idea. BUT, your protein intake should only be around 15% of the total meal. Unless it's a post-workout meal, the rest should be complex carbs and fibre (also classed as a complex carb, but I find that a confusing definition). Potatoes, rice and pasta are all good examples. Make sure a good proportion of your daily food intake includes vegetables, both cooked and raw - the cellulose in uncooked vegetables acts as fibre, which is crucial for your body's health. Breaking down the cellulose by cooking allows the body to absorb much more of the vegetable, including crucial vitamins and minerals (interestingly, this is what the bacteria in the appendix used to do (and still does in other animals). When humans began cooking vegetables, we stopped needing bacteria to break down vegetable cellulose, so today we have very little bacteria in our appendix, which is why it is essentially useless). So you need a balanced mix of the two.

Oh and make sure you're getting enough essential fatty acids (good fat), too - a lot of people take fish oil capsules, which are fine, but avoid the dry tablets. Flax seed oil is also a good source, but the best is probably fresh fish.

And what about meal replacement shakes? They're so convenient! Yes, and as long as the protein content isn't too high, they're not a bad idea. You're actually better off mixing your own, although good luck getting them to taste nice ;) Don't worry - if you're really keen and stick with it, no matter how bad something tastes, your body and tastes WILL adapt over time. After a couple of months having the same thing every day, you will actually find yourself looking forward to your nasty protein and dextrose cocktail...

So what's so BAD about protein?? In normal quantities, absolutely nothing - as I said, it's crucial for your health that you have adequate protein in your diet. But too much? Excess protein can be converted to energy, essentially doing the work of complex carbs in a less efficient way. It can also be stored as fat, which is somewhat counter-productive from a fitness perspective. Finally, the remaining protein ends up in your kidneys and liver to be excreted. Diets extremely high in protein put undue stress on the kidneys and liver, which can cause damage and even failure in the long term. A common symptom is jaundice - if you get yellow pigmentation in your eyes and skin, your liver isn't coping - see a doctor immediately.

I mentioned simple carbs (sugars) earlier, in relation to post-workout meals. Immediately after a workout, (and even during, depending on the type of exercise) you should drink liquids containing around 6% sugars (it's been three or four years since I read the study on this, but from memory it's 5 or 6%). Interestingly, Gatorade is actually formulated correctly for this, so if you're not interested in mixing your own, just grab that. This should be the only time you ingest simple carbs, as it's the only time your body will use them properly (instead of just storing most of it). While I can't tell you how to live your life, from a body efficiency point of view, during and immediately after exercise, your body needs sugars to make glucose for muscles and your brain - it's the only way it can replenish the glucose fast enough (breaking down fat takes too long, and complex carbs can't be absorbed fast enough). When your body's in a rested state, it has very little need for sugars - it can get all the energy it needs from complex carb digestion and fat (where needed). So ingestion of sugars while in a rested state leaves your body with no option but to store it for later use.

Oh, and on the topic of simple carbs, fructose, which is the sugar found in fruit, has an extra step for your body to convert it to useable glucose. So in general, you should avoid fruit juices, 'cause your body's just turning it into fat anyway. By all means, eat whole fruit, especially winter fruits like apples - tropical fruits are a bit high in fructose, though.

I'll deal with exercise itself, and how to get the most out of your workouts, in a later post :)

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Awesome Trevor! Great to read in depth stuff about the dos and don'ts of protein. From experience I found too much protein made me lethargic and tired as well as not sleeping very well. It was like a form of chronic fatigue. I have cut my proteins back to 15-20 grams per serve, where as before was taking up to 50g!:eek:

My workouts are as follows (when I'm not nursing a near broken neck):

Upper body (Tuesday):
Warm up - punch bag 10 minutes
Widegrip pull ups - 3 sets: 10, 8, 6
Closegrip chin ups - 2 sets: 12, 10, 8
Dips (loose rings) - 2 sets: 8, 6
Pecs Flies/Dumbell press - 3 sets: 10, 8, 8
Delts Flies - 2 sets: 12, 10
Delts dumbell press - 2 sets: 10, 8
Biceps bar curls - 3 sets: 12, 10, 10
Triceps laying down dumbell curls - 2 sets: 12, 12
Ab crunches 3 sets
Takes roughly 2 hours

Lower body/Back (Friday):
Warm up - skipping 10 minutes
Back ups (sometimes holding weight to chest) 3 sets
Lunges 3 sets
Calf raises 3 sets
Squats 3 sets
Hamstring curls 3 sets
Takes roughly 1 hour

Saturday - Indoor rock climbing a couple of hours

Sunday - Run around a few hours chasing a ball or frisbee

Works pretty well for me... I'm 71kg and about 16% fat. Hope get that down to 13-14% but stay around 70kg.

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
thanks for the write up will keep posted on results it will be good to get back to it, strength is not so much a concern, i would like to maintain a fitness level for my work as it is pretty heavy and just build up the main muscle areas that i use most at work, back upper shoulders arms well yeah pretty much everything i am a little scared to wind up like some of the older guys at work who at the end of the day wince and cringe when they take there overalls off and some who go to physio and chiropractors on a regular basis

G

Unregistered
Trevour... wow... impressive writeup.... goon on you brother... i was thinking that i would have to do a write up at some point for the thread... but its good to know that theres support in the masses!!!

Dr josh

the amount of protine per meal is dependant on your lean body mass index... ( please dont confuse with BMI as that is $hi7.... lol ) 50g of protine is way out of the index per serve lol...

your calculation may look something like this

( ps im not a mathmetician so my equasions may look funny to some lol .... )

71kg @ 16%est body fat

- 71 x 0.84 = 59.64 LBM

So with a leam body mass of 59.64 kgs i will round up and add 2 kgs to make sure you are getting enough ... evaluate that you fairly active i would times that figure by 1.5

- 61 x 1.5 = 91.5

So yout total daily protine intake should be 91.5 grams as a maintainance level.....

so 91.5 % 5 meals a day = 18.3 grams of protien minimum per meal

so mate your pretty much spot on with what your doing.... well done!!

do remember that POST workout during the anabolic window.... you can assimilate twice the amount of nutrients than your body normally would be able to handle....

eg... your cap is 20g protien... any more than that would just be filtered throught your kidneys and dumped into your pee.....

post workout you could knock back 40-50g and all of it would get assimilated....

On another note... you've probably found you " balance point " with your personal nutrition.... i myself respond better from getting my calories from EFA's ( good fats ) over the carbohydrates.... so i only incoporate the carbohydrates into a few of the meals where they count....

Josh with your excercises your doing all the right ones... but if i may can i rearrange some of the sequence for you to try???

Upper body (Tuesday):
1-Warm up - punch bag 10 minutes
2-Widegrip pull ups - 3 sets: 8 -12
3-Closegrip chin ups - 2 sets: 8 -12
4-Dumbell press - 3 sets: 8- 12
5-Pec Flys - 2 sets: 8 - 12
6-Delts dumbell press - 2 sets: 8 - 12
7-Delts Flies - 2 sets: 8 - 12
8-Dips (loose rings) - 2 sets: 8, 8 ( add weight when you can get 8 reps )
9a-Biceps bar curls - 2 sets: 8 - 12, 12
9b-Triceps laying down dumbell curls - 2 sets: 8 -12
Ab crunches 3 sets

Lower body/Back (Friday):
1-Warm up - skipping 10 minutes
2-Squats 3 sets
3-Lunges 3 sets
4-Hamstring curls 3 sets
5-Calf raises 3 sets
6-Back ups (sometimes holding weight to chest) 3 sets

mate you seem happy doing the exercises that you are doing... all i ve suggested for the timebeing is change your rep range and perhaps drop the amount of work sets in total of your upper body workout by a few sets....

generally there is a rule to follow when training body parts... there are two types of movement to follow...

1) Compound = a movement where 2 or more joints are involved - eg Bench press, Shoulder press, Squat , deadift. For one movement a series of musecle groups are recruited... eg for enbch press the chest front delts and triceps.....compunds work a group of muscles...hence "compound"

2) Isolation = a single jointed movement - eg bicep curl, tricep extension, leg extension calf raise... you are isolating a specific muscle .... hence "isolation"

okay easy enough to understand right??

heres the rule bit.... in MOST cases you must always perform a compoundmovement before isolation. Reasons being as i mentioned earlier... compound movements use groups of muscle for a lift.... if you perform isolations before a compound... you pre exhaust a muscle that is crutial to the performance of the lift...

Another tip to training is mashing up your routines every 2-3weeks or so... the body is simply an amazing thing... what made me want to get into this field simply was the fact that i had a body and i knew very little about it... lol.... it can adapt to onset stresses so easily... you have to " trick " the body so it doesnt adapt to the execises... eventally it will become so resillient it will find no need to change... pogressive overload is a sure way to ensure growth and strenght... i suggest very small incriments for saftey ang longeivity...

another suggstion is rep ranges.... there are sooooo many to follow... and every individual will respond in a different way... 8 - 12 rep range is usually the one i try and use and put my clients on... this rep range is a very safe range as the amount of load is usually not in severly dangerous levels.... this is more focused on" hypertrophy " <----- please wiki lol :p
or " muscle building and size " in a nutshell...... Pure strenght rep ranges can be single lift to 4 reps... but this puts tremendous strain on the body and central nervous system... from experience i have suffered all my injuries during strength phases of my year so be wary!!.... this low rep rage usually does not stimulate as much muscle growth... rather and emphasis on strength... please look up " mitocondria " as well....

also try training reverse pyramid from time to time.... start from heaviest first and go backwards...

eg... squat 5 sets -

1 - you get 12 reps of 70kgs.. aim to fail at 12
2 - if you completed 12 reps... it is most likley you will acieve at least 9 of the same weight.. so lets say you fail at 8 reps of the same weight....
3 - pull off 10kgs so total weight is 60kg - and aim for 12.... you may get it ... you may fail at 10 reps....
4 - pull off another 5kg - you fail at 8 = 55kg
5 - pull off 10kg - you fail at 11 =45kg

summary... the body is naturally lazy... lol... it will always try and get away with using as little effort as it possibly can... so on your first set... the larger ones will dominate... and as you continue... it will recruite more fibers to aid ... so lets say by the end your lifitng 45kgs in your fifth and last set.... which is 25kgs less than your original lift... your muscles wont know a differece with waht weight it is as the smaller ones have been recruited.. = more damage to yourself... ( in a good way lol )... give it a crack and see what you think... :)

if ive missed anything ill repost or edit later...

:)

-

G

Unregistered
ive quickly proof read...

^^^^^^^^^^^^

dont count your pre and post workout shakes as meals... :)

lots of grammar and spelling mistakes... apologies!!!

G

Unregistered
FOOD..........

5 minute omelette... yum... had this this morning...

eggs... i use 6 .... whisked in a bowl... and add your seasonings :)

mushrooms... spanish onions.. basil... tomato

slice all of the above "thin-ish" ...

heat pan until HOT!!.... add olive oil... ( dont be too shy )...

add mushrooms first and fry for about 30 sec...

add onions...

then add the tomato and basil...

let the heat return to the pan then add the eggs....

let the bottom set momentarily then stir!!!...

i prefer it a little "snotty" lol.... out of the pan as it does carry on cooking after it is removed from the pan....

you can add a little salad of rocket and balsamic vinegar to accompany it...

rye toast is good with this too :)

enjoy....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Exercise - What's the Point?

Some really great info there, Mel. Just noticed you mentioned cooking in olive oil, which reminded me of some 'health warnings' I've read about cooking in olive oil over the years. For those interested, you may find this an interesting read.

So, to exercise.

Many people are put off by exercise, going to the gym, lifting weights and generally keeping fit, for a vast array of reasons. Some of the main ones are the perception that it's 'unnatural' to lift weights or go to the gym, that it takes 'too much time' and that it's somehow narcissistic. I'd like to address each of these briefly.

Lifting weights is a form of resistance training, where you provide your muscles with some opposing force which causes them minor stress and trauma, which they respond to by thickening and strengthening their fibres, in order to better handle this required activity or stress. The purposes of this are several - the greater your muscle mass, the faster or higher your metabolic rate, the better your body responds and can handle physical activities of all kinds and the less prone it is to injury. The fitter you are, the healthier you are - you're more resilient to illness and the faster you'll recover.

The older you get, the faster your muscles break down. That means, as you get older, you should be doing progressively more exercise in order to maintain your physical health and fitness. A far as 'natural', it's 'natural' for your body to slowly break down over time, so that by the time you're 80 you may be too weak and frail to look after yourself, even though you may still have two decades of life left to live. That doesn't sound like much of a 'life' to me. You can't try to reverse this process late in life - it starts now, when you're young and healthy enough to start healthy habits, when you can set the bar at a level that's easy for you to maintain. If you wait 'til you're 70 before you start, your joints may be too worn, your bones may already be too brittle; instead of causing micro-tears in muscle tissue which causes them to repair stronger, you may cause major tears and trauma. It also takes longer for older muscle tissue to recover, so the results you get from three months of exercise in your 30s may take years in your 60's or 70's... if you're able to achieve them at all. Conversely, maintaining an existing level of fitness and muscle mass is relatively simple and doesn't require much time at all (assuming of course that we're not talking about a really extreme level near the limit of what you're body is naturally capable of achieving in the first place).

That brings us to the argument of time commitment. I can tell you from experience, if you want to achieve a body-builder like physique, you can do so with no more than three weight sessions a week, of around 90 minutes a time. Yes, that's 4.5 hours a week. Once you achieve the desired muscle mass and you introduce cardio to cut that extra fat back, you'll need an extra half hour of cardio a day on your 'off' days, so an extra two hours a week. But believe me, after six months of such a routine, your body will be getting close to it's maximum natural size, you could move to a 'maintenance' schedule, cutting the required time commitment to less than half, and you'll have a body worthy of a fitness magazine's cover.

If you just want to get fit and lose some weight, half an hour of cardio three or four days a week will see you stripped down fairly quickly. I'd recommend a couple of sessions of free weights in there - as already mentioned, the greater your muscle mass, the higher your metabolic rate, thus the faster you will burn fat and the easier it will be to keep it off.

Finally, the narcissism argument. Is it narcissistic to want to be healthy? To want to have more energy, greater fitness, to be physically able to run and jump and play with your kids, without the risk of injury? Exercise is a vital part of your health. Free weight, resistance training is a vital part of healthy, necessary exercise. If that means going to a gym, then so be it. It doesn't make you a body-obsessed narcissist. Even watching yourself in a mirror as you lift weights isn't (necessarily) narcissistic - it's actually vital that you both learn and perform exercises with correct form. One of the best ways to tell if your form is correct is to watch it, which means watching your body and your movements in a mirror as you perform them. That's what all those mirrors in the gym are for - it's not for blowing air kisses to yourself or checking out chicks (or other guys) surreptitiously.

Whole books have been written on this topic, so I won't waste further time on it. I hope I've at least given you pause for thought if you've always dismissed exercise and working out with weights as time consuming and pointless. No, not everyone is going to want to put such effort in for their own health. That's fine, I can't make them and I wouldn't if I could. But there are compelling reasons why you SHOULD, the same as there are compelling reasons for eating healthily, saving and investing money instead of just spending it faster than you make it, not filling your body with drugs and alcohol and smoke, not running naked through a burning building, or jumping from the top of a 40 story building. All of these are sensible decisions that increase both the duration and quality of your life.

Top Bottom