1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Guys,

my bumper from this post:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=124527&postcount=24

fits now 100% and is ready to get painted this week! Just had this idea to make a mould from it (before it gets painted)... the panel beater I used to get this EA0 Galant bumper fitted to a VR4 would make one up if there is an interest of about 10.

The original bumper was wobbly & instable, had only a few layer fibreglass and no mounting for foggies! (see garage picture) The revised version is reinforced, got fog light mountings & no gap for number plates in the middle (so you can choose where you want to put yours).

A rough estimate from him was $600 a bumper if there is an interest of >10.
As I want to get mine painted asap we have to make a quick decision... give me some feedback & let me know if there is some interest out there!

PS: Fender flares from S-Type fit perfectly! Photos below were taken in an earlier stage, photo 1 shows original. Add new photos tomorrow/Wednesday!

attachment.php

mittel-4128.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

If it goes ahead, I'll loose my uniqueness, but in regards of varity/availablity of parts it's probably an improvement =)

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I've heard that making a mould of something almost always destroys the original item?

Also, can't say that I am a fan, each to their own, but that bar just reminds me of...

predator-new1.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
sorry, not a fan.. I like my VR4's "individuality"

trying to make a VR4 look like an EVO X, is just wrong.. in my opinion.. but hey its your car.. and it'll probably look really nice when you get it painted...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
ill reserve judgement till paint

so far im not a fan, to round near the headlights/grill

i dont like how it bends back to the bonnet, should hav incorporated thea more protruding grill/eyelid combo

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I like it, reckon it would look really good in combination with a black bonnet vent and matt black rims.

Don't have a spare $600 though... can we barter Tom? I can teach private Yoga classes for you or anyone you know???

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Woah it'll look pretty crazy!

Not for me though lol

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Found 2 more pics of the original bumper from Germany (no mounting for foggies) with an evo bonnet!

PICT1446_k.jpg

PICT1444_k.jpg

Mine is getting painted on Monday... woooohooooo

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Hmm, yeah not a fan at all sorry. And the worst part would be that in profile, the grille part would ruin the whole "leaning forward" quality of the stock front.

G

Unregistered
I actually quite like this. What's a bumper cost to get painted?

G

Unregistered
I think it looks good, but I do like the existing VR-4 styling more. Perhaps when I start seeing too many of our cars around I will change my tune.

Today I was thinking about this thread when I saw a Pulsar SSS... with a GTi-R style bonnet.

However, the pics above really reminded me of this:

shunsakubanmarineexpreswa5.jpg

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It still gives people an option however. Love to see how this work turns out ;)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Thanks for your honesty guys!

I love the stock bumper as well, but as we get more & more on Perths roads I decided to give that bumper a go! I think I might get an original Evo IX badge and replace the LEGNUM badge on the back with Evo XI... hehe I would like to see the faces of people just bought their Evo X when they see Evo XI the next day... :cry::cry::cry:

Anyway, I / panel beater will take a mould on Saturday and get mine painted Monday!

So far there are about 20hrs work to go from the original german bumper to the one I've got now, 100% fitment & foggies!

What's a bumper cost to get painted?

Dunno mate, if you now a painter you probably just pay for the paint :D

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i actually like it.. sorta. seeing it still resembles the stock front bar, and just a modified centre bit for a front mount. the only thing i dont like is the grill. should have kept the stock grill and left that part out of the bumper. like the bit between the grill and the headlights, that huge chunk sticking out.. no deal.

but apart from that its different and subtle, so i dont mind it. how u painting it tho. hopefully not in the evo x black centre theme.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
the only thing i dont like is the grill. should have kept the stock grill and left that part out of the bumper. like the bit between the grill and the headlights, that huge chunk sticking out.. no deal.

but apart from that its different and subtle, so i dont mind it. how u painting it tho. hopefully not in the evo x black centre theme.

I'm going to use the genuine RS4/RS6 mesh, got it from a friend how works for Audi, so it cost me zero...

Not the flat black centre? Hmm, thats what i thought... as the rims are gun metal grey I suggested to do it in the same colour, but everybody involved said don't do it... :angry:

Anyone able to photoshop a few different colours for the centre?

PICT1446_k.jpg

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i would, but dont have photoshop at work.

but like in this pic u posted..

mittel-4128.jpg

its all one colour (from what i can see). and looks MUCH better than the one u posted above. u could do the mesh black or whatever, that will look fine. but 2 tone bumpers look a bit tacky in my opinion.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
The one you posted is flat black in the centre as well :blush:

I need to make the decision until Monday morning, so feel free do play with it later one (y)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
well what colour is ur car, the black 'could' work on a dark coloured car.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Hamilton Silver ;-)

Therefore the first colour in my mind was gun metal grey... like the rims

Top Bottom