I think it looks great

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
As a matter of interest where you hiding your number plate atm. You going to put it on the side evo styly???

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I'm hiding it in the windscreen at the moment :D Went past cops many times, the only comment I got from their side so far is a (y) from a cop in Mundaring on Sunday doing 65km/h in the 60km/h zone, hehe...

Can't decide where to put it... evo style will block one foggy, therefore I think I have to go back to where it was before...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Tom get a slim-line front plate, I think the standard plate is a bit big. I have to admit I have a love-hate thing with this bar, part of me loves it and another thinks it's just so wrong... Damn multiple personalities *sigh*

Paul I know what you're saying, but you'd have to get a completely redesigned bonnet to make that work. I think the lines of Tom's bar are about as good as you can make them for this shape. As Tom said, you're limited by the shape of the impact bar on our cars. If you wanted to alter that you'd either need engineering approval or realise you're driving a car that no longer meets the standards under which it was licensed.

Tom did Elfe do that 'glass and spray work or get a panel shop to do it? If so, do you know who he used?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Paul I know what you're saying, but you'd have to get a completely redesigned bonnet to make that work. I think the lines of Tom's bar are about as good as you can make them for this shape. As Tom said, you're limited by the shape of the impact bar on our cars. If you wanted to alter that you'd either need engineering approval or realise you're driving a car that no longer meets the standards under which it was licensed.

Im gonna put it out there, if i had the cash i would buy this evoX bar to and incorporate this grill (thanks to gly for pic)

and the crash bar doesnt need to be changed i think, it just a boxier grill section which encorporates the bonnet angle
1%28Small%29.JPG

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Tom get a slim-line front plate, I think the standard plate is a bit big.

Definitely want to keep my WRC plates and from my memory they didn't offered it in the slimline version :-( You know more than me?

Tom did Elfe do that 'glass and spray work or get a panel shop to do it? If so, do you know who he used?

We did 50% and the rest was done by the same place who painted it. As it's around the corner from Elfe they know each other and it was a cheaper cashie job :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I dunno about the WRC plates Tom, maybe ring the number plate division of licensing services and ask? You could be right, it may be a custom die and colour scheme they only used for a limited run, in which case you're out of luck... Unless you can get the same numbers on a slim line plate and say you've 'lost' your front WRC plate? Then you have options ;)

Thanks for the info :)

Top Bottom