EOI: Pre-facelift Brembo bolt on kit

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hmm there's a point - will a standard size rim fit in the spare wheel compartment? 'Cause my car doesn't even HAVE the spare, so I've got to look at getting a replacement by the time it gets here...

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Parts have arrived

Hey Guys,

The courier gods have smiled on me, and these are pictures of what they brought me on Friday and Monday.

I got the hub carriers off a front cut which was imported into Australia. They cost me $500 delivered, but they came as the pair of carriers, with hubs installed and with the ABS sensors fitted. Effectively I should be able to bolt the Disc and Caliper on and then do a swapover on the car.

I have asked this importer to keep me advised of any more front cuts entering the country, so I can advise the rest of you if suitable parts are available.

The Brembo's spent a week in Customs. Obviously they must have wanted to Xray evrything because of the weight, as all of the discs and calipers were opened.

Shipping cost me an extra $400, because it was 110lb of metal that entered the country. But it was cheaper than buying 4 new discs.

The discs have a small amount of surface rust on them, but a light machining of the discs should clear that up.

I am surprised how light the calipers are, the front ones weigh a less than i remember the single piston ones on my old GSR weighing.

Now need to save up some more money, as things will now stall until I find new rims for the car.

Regards
Gavin

Attachments

• DSC00284.JPG
    DSC00284.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00286.JPG
    DSC00286.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 42

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
+1 on the space saver tyre there. That's where I also found some of the stuff I thought had gone missing :D

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Just a question about the ABS sensor.

Do the ABS sensors that came with those facelift hub carriers have the same clip as the prefacelift ABS sensor, so that they can just be connected in or do they use different plugs?

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Jarrad,

I believe that the cabling and clips on the ABS sensors are the same on the Facelift as the Prefacelift. I will be able to fully check this tomorrow.
I do believe that the only difference is the length of the sensor itself.

Regards

Gavin

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Guys,

Was missing a pin from one of the rear brembo's, and it took some hunting to find another one. But it arrived in today, so I will probably look at doing the rears in the next couple of weekends.
The front's are a different matter. Need to sort out the new rims and tyres before I do them. Probably not going to be in a position to do this work before Feb unfortunately.

Regards
Gavin

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I'm in the same position. I can't afford new rims haha!

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Guys,

Some more information for you.

The Galant Caliper bolts are not suitable for the Brembo's. The thread is wrong.

I have got a couple of bolts from an Evo 8 car (Bought from Mitsubishi at a $7 each).

Will try and get one down to unibolt and find a compatible size and thread at a cheaper price.

Regards
Gavin

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
We had similar probs in the UK. I had EVO bolts with mine when I bought them.

But here is some info for you.

Front: (QTY 4) M12 x 30mm, 1.75mm pitch, grade 12.9

Rear: (QTY 4) M10 x 20mm, 1.5mm pitch, grade 12.9

G

Unregistered
So I would be safe to say DBA part number for series 1 and 2 for the brembo kits would be to suit evo 8/9
DBA part number for evo rotors

Front 4418 -Diameter 320 -Height 43.5 -Thickness 32 min 29.8 -Centrel hole diameter 69

Front 52218 -Diameter 320 -Height 43.5 -Thickness 32 min 29.8 -Centrel hole diameter 69

Rear 419 -Diameter 300 -Height 57 -Thickness 22 min 20 -Centrel hole diameter 90

Can someone confirm this info, these are the ones we need to fit to our VR4's if we get the brembos

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
bit more o/t but...

can someone that is on cvr4 send me the link to the members article for how to do the prefacelift brembo conversion. Im stuffed if i can find it again :p

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Gavin, isnt there one for the conversion of pre facelifts though? I swear it went through all the hub carrier change over and fixing the abs/ayc sensor so its the right length etc.

Top Bottom