EOI: Pre-facelift Brembo bolt on kit

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
What email did you use? They might not allow web based emails. I'll ask for you...did you use your nick here to try to sign up?

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Guys,

Just to bring this thread back on track. Yesterday I ordered one of the brake line kits from the UK. I got the one which several of the UK people have used when doing the upgrde over there. At 55 pounds shipped, I thought it might be good to get one to help with developing what we need.
Hey Paul, let me know what info you might need from what arrives, and if needed I could arrange to ship it over to you if required.

Regards
Gavin

G

Unregistered
just a question about brake lines...

will you have crimped/pressure tested ones?

or the push hose on and wind the nut tight ones?

im keen on a crimped set if thats the way it goes, espcially if they are certified/tested etc...

cant get a wof on the bolt type ones here in NZ

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Carsten,

I am not actually sure on what the manufacture of these are. They are the ones which Polar (a ClubVR4 member in the UK) arranged for and several people in the UK have used. I basically ordered it because it has all the rest of the attachment parts for the Brembo's and figured it would help in work here.
I believe that they are braided lines, and they are manufactured for competition use. They also have the correct attachement for the Brembo calipers.
When they arrive, I will take some pics and post them up.
Regards

Gavin

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
just a question about brake lines...

will you have crimped/pressure tested ones?

or the push hose on and wind the nut tight ones?

im keen on a crimped set if thats the way it goes, espcially if they are certified/tested etc...

cant get a wof on the bolt type ones here in NZ

Yes they are crimped (you mean crimping the fitting to the hose? Not crimping the hose into the caliper? If so, I can't see how that works in my mind's eye sorry) and pressure tested to 3000psi as I said originally.

They are ADR compliant and can come with documentation to prove it :)

ADR's will be very very similar to New Zealand's regulations.

Thanks for the offer Gav :) I'll take you up on it if I need to.

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Caliper Images

Hey Guys,

I found this image on the ClubVR4 forums. It is a picture of a Pre and Post facelift front brake caliper.

This is what the difference is in the hub carriers.

Regards

Gavin

Attachments

• caliper%2520size.jpg
    caliper%2520size.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 47
G

Unregistered
Yes they are crimped (you mean crimping the fitting to the hose? Not crimping the hose into the caliper? If so, I can't see how that works in my mind's eye sorry) and pressure tested to 3000psi as I said originally.

They are ADR compliant and can come with documentation to prove it :)

ADR's will be very very similar to New Zealand's regulations.

Thanks for the offer Gav :) I'll take you up on it if I need to.

wooo coolness!! im very keen on a set then

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Seeing the difference there...this is going to be a very easy task :) Everyone think good thoughts for my car arriving next week (fingers crossed it does!)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Seeing the difference there...this is going to be a very easy task :) Everyone think good thoughts for my car arriving next week (fingers crossed it does!)

ill be sending you some $$$ for that adaptor next week too or once you've got the adaptors done..

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I have to get the made to know how much they'll cost first lol. I'm heading to Moruya(sp??) next weekend to see the Waifs, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll have the car then so I probably won't go to Bega. But it will be the weekend after that. I have been told my car will be done early next week...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
im wanting to know asap so i can get all this stuff finished before a special someone arrives.. otherwise i'll never have time to do all these..

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Well mate...I can't do anything about it. I told you I'm waiting for my car, there's nothing I can do you just have to wait. Be patient. I've been trying for almost a year to hurry this whole process up...a few weeks won't hurt you. Please don't hassle as there's absoluletly NOTHING I can do about it.

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Guys,

We need to ensure we show some paintence here. Paul has made a great offer to put his contacts to work for the benefit of the Ozvr4 and ClubVR4 communities, but people applying undue pressure is one of the things that could stop this from occurring.
Also, unless Paul is prepaired to have is car off the road for a period of time I doubt much work will be able to be done on it quickly. So if some people in these communities may have access to a prefacelift hub carrier assembly, an old brake disk of the correct size that could be donated 'for the cause' it would probably go a long way to help with the development.
I know the topic of modifying the prefacelift carriers has been discussed on the ClubVR4 forum, with the thought being that the originals may need to be welded and redrilled.
So from somebody who has already put money out in the hopes that Paul can do this, and has also outlaid more to also try and help with this project, I say thanks to Paul for making the offer, and make it known that I will help where I can.

Regards
Gavin

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Guys I have the Evo 8 rotors (RDA Slotted) and the Ferodo pads ready to go now. Once the car is here next week I'll be heading down to Bega to start work on it.

Also just for more info for you all, each set of braided hoses WILL come with a certificate of compliance for ADR purposes. The place I'm getting them done is an agent for this mob: http://www.braidedhoses.com.au/

All the colour options that are shown on the site there are available at an extra cost, I will work out the prices asap.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
ooh.. I didnt mean to stir some issues here.. I fully understand that I gotta wait.. I didnt mean to make it sound like Im pushing Paul to get it done ASAP..

My apologies

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
All good...I wasn't angry or anything :) Just explaining my situation.

But here's a cool photo to get you lot all excited :p

DSCF1109.jpg

DSCF1110.jpg

DSCF1111.jpg

Top Bottom