Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Guys,

Yes, this was a US ebay purchase. They were on sale last week, and while I was questioning about what was included and shipping, they got purchased. But the sale fell through, so I got an email back about them being relisted. Got a quick reply from the seller this time, so I snapped them up.
Have had issues with other US people not wanting to ship to Australia.
I would be careful of the couple of sets listed with the No Paypal accepted messages. The last 2 people in the US I have bought from which have said this I have had severe issues with.
As far as I am concerned, if they won't take Paypal then I won't deal with them.

Regards
Gavin

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I agree, we need to co ordinate so people dont end up bidding against each other (Im sorry if i beat you naughtika :( )

Hawks i might take you up on that offer, ill just see what his postage option is like (ill be in sydney in a month or so, ill see if we can work something out).

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Feel free to post stuff in this thread if you guys want...I don't mind :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hawks i might take you up on that offer, ill just see what his postage option is like (ill be in sydney in a month or so, ill see if we can work something out).

No worries, shot me a PM if you need me :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Heard back from the guy running this auction on eBay in the US, and he WILL ship to Australia, although I don't know if I'll hear back from him in enough time before the end of the auction to find out what that'll cost. I'd get this set myself, except I've blown a heap of money this week already...

And if you're actually bidding on this item, why not head over to this thread to let people know about it? ;)

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Trevor,

I have seen this guy sell several sets of EVO Brembro's over the last couple of weeks. I didn't bid on his, because he expressly notes will not accept Paypal, and I find that this is an extremely convenient method for funds transfer, and I like the protection of having the Paypal dispute facility in case there is an issue (Which I have had to use a couple of times).

This did steer me away from looking at this set, which at present is cheaper than the ones I bought.

Regards

Gavin

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Agreed Gav, but then he DOES have a very high, and very positive, response rating. A feedback rating that high is extremely difficult to get unless you really are doing the right thing - I'd bid with confidence :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yea but that would only be relevant for Brembos ;) I think Gav's idea is a good one - we need a dedicated place for this.

Oh yeah for sure...I didn't realise we were talking about more than brembos lol...there's my one track mind for you haha

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Looks like some Australian eBay trader picked these up, but not before I got a reply from the trader. Shipping would have been USD$141.60 (around AUS$180), and he also gave me a reason as to why so many traders won't accept Paypal:

Most non-us Paypal accounts are not confirmed, and Paypal won't guarantee payment when shipped to an unconfirmed address
Which actually makes a lot of sense - get your money BEFORE you ship. I've done Direct Deposits into international accounts for eBay purchases in the past, and never had a problem - but then, I always ensure its going to a trader with an excellent (and long term) track record. Confirming their address and talking to them on the phone is also helpful ;)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Or you could just become confirmed. It's easy to do and costs nothing. :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Well yes, but when they have a blanket policy because eBay and Paypal don't REQUIRE it, then that's understandable. If Paypal got it's act together and forced people to confirm then there wouldn't be such a problem, but then I suppose they're concerned about alienating people... Maybe there should be a Premium Paypal service? Then vendors could easily differentiate...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Well yes, but when they have a blanket policy because eBay and Paypal don't REQUIRE it, then that's understandable. If Paypal got it's act together and forced people to confirm then there wouldn't be such a problem, but then I suppose they're concerned about alienating people... Maybe there should be a Premium Paypal service? Then vendors could easily differentiate...

Good idea. But you shouldn't have to pay for the service. I thought that it says if you're verified or not when you go to pay?

I would've typed more before but I'm at work and I can't spend too long on here at a time before some customer comes in lol. What I wanted to say was that you could talk to the seller and let them know you're verified. Then they should be cool with that.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
hey everyone,

I spent some time talking to a brake place about prices for DBA 4000 and 5000 series rotors for an evo 8-9 so they will work with the brembo calipers

DBA 4000 series Slotted
$280 each front
$280 each rear

DBA 5000 series slotted
Around $600 each for the front they don't make one for the rear

They said that the 5000 series would take about 6-8 weeks to get in as DBA would have to make them as they don't have them in stock

The guy i spoke to also gave me a quote for just standard rotors for evos

around $130 each rotor for standard non-slotted or drilled

hope this helps people decide on what to buy :)

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Guys,

Since I have my Brembo's on their way, I did some other digging into information about them, and have come to the realise that they might not fit inside my rims.
From all that i can find, then Brembos may require that the car have 17 inch rims, the standard 16 inch rims fitted to the Galant and Legnum's may be too small.

Possabily another expense to add to the increasing cost of improved braking.

Regards
Gavin

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yep, the brembo's will NOT fit under standard wheels, and they don't fit under all 17" wheels either because they are so big. You need to get wheels with a lot of clearance between the inside of the spoke and the brake caliper

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Guys,

Anybody on the forums that has the Brembo's as factory fitment?

Maybe they could advise what the factory rims were for these cars, so we could look up what the offset and other measurements are.

I know that the Pre Facelift Type S had a 17 inch rim as an option, so I will look at home tonight and see if I might have the rim specs anywhere.

Will also look on cvr4 later.

Regards
Gavin

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
no, there was NEVER a 17" wheel standard on a VR-4. The Type S wheel was 16x6.5" instead of 16x6" as per the prefacelift and the type V.

Any EVO 5,6,7,8,9 wheel will fit onto a VR-4 and clear brembos. The 7,8,9 wheels will rub slightly on the rear guards and you will need to roll them in order to get the wheels under there.

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Brad,

There might not have been a 17 inch as standard, but it would have needed to be as an option.
If the Facelift cars were available with factory fitted Brembo brakes as an option, and these will not fit in the 16 inch wheel, then there must have been another wheel available.

Also, on the inside of the drivers door panel in my Prefacelift Type S, I have a sticker noting the tyre sizes. It lists the following

205/55 R16 16x6JJ
215/45 R17 17x7 1/2 JJ

Regards
Gavin

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hey Guys,

From scouring the web and the ClubVR4 forum, I have the following information on wheels and Tyres.

The standard stud pattern for the VR4 is:
5 stud x 114.3 mm
Centre bore is:
67.1 mm

Wheel Rim Specifications
Pre-facelift: 16"x6" Offset 46mm
Facelift: 16"x6.5" Offset 38mm

Tyre Standard For VR4
205/55/16 for the pre-facelift model
225/50/16 for the face lift model

EVO 6 17x7.5" Offset 38mm
EVO 7 17"x8" Offset 38mm