Ethanol - E85

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Bill Would this pcb work or need to work with an after market ecu? I have a Haltec sprit 500 installed

Steve_tme when would be your next tuning run to the ACT?

I've never actually tuned in the act, most of the canberra cars just make the trip up. Why would you run a sprint though, pull it out, sell it, pay for a tune with the cash :) You're using something with only 4 injector drivers etc etc. I'd switch back to the oem ecu.

Not sure that the sprint can take a flex sensor input, the platinum and elite ranges just accept the frequency input directly.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yes, but if you want, we can recycle another adc input... Like baro.

In TE/TF magnas, they didn't include the sensor and locked the value to 101.5kpa.

this code exists in out Rom to lock this. So could do something like that?
Ignore simon, he's just wanting to slow it all down by adding code at the last minute. ;)

Seriously though, you could lock it out temporarily, and switch boost measurement and baro for tuning then put baro back on when you're done.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
My hold up at the moment if my lack of openport... Once I get my hands on it again, I can test a few things in terms of code.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
If you want my current firmware one to use, I'm happy to send it down for a while if you want to take that risk. But then isn't yours in the same state?

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.

In TE/TF magnas, they didn't include the sensor and locked the value to 101.5kpa.

So you're saying baro doesn't affect fuel in the Legnum, or its trim adjustments are so minor as to not be a problem if you ignored it? It does seem a bit weird to have baro *and* MAF. My BMW motorbike is Alpha-N and so it's critical that it has Baro and IAT, but that's like the polar opposite of MAF.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
My hold up at the moment if my lack of openport... Once I get my hands on it again, I can test a few things in terms of code.
I've got a new one @BCX mate, just bought it. You said you had moved to Melbourne right? Can drop it off any time you need it.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Ignore simon, he's just wanting to slow it all down by adding code at the last minute. ;)

Seriously though, you could lock it out temporarily, and switch boost measurement and baro for tuning then put baro back on when you're done.

Sounds awesome.:sneaky:(y):D The O2 sensor input is great because I need 5V to power the GM sensor

Ignore Steve, he's just a pain in the ass:sleep:

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
So you're saying baro doesn't affect fuel in the Legnum, or its trim adjustments are so minor as to not be a problem if you ignored it? It does seem a bit weird to have baro *and* MAF. My BMW motorbike is Alpha-N and so it's critical that it has Baro and IAT, but that's like the polar opposite of MAF.
Baro has almost no effect for maf

Ignore Steve, he's just a pain in the ass
As opposed to the guy asking for extras at the last minute lol :) o_O

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
As opposed to the guy asking for extras at the last minute lol :) o_O
Hi @BCX

I use the second O2 sensor to log boost while tuning via a GM 3bar map sensor. I gather I'll loose this ability?
I didn't ask for extras, I merely asked if I would lose that ability because the second O2 would be used for the input. It actually was you that leapt to conclude about adding extra stuffo_O

Ricardo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ricardo
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Legnum
I've never actually tuned in the act, most of the canberra cars just make the trip up. Why would you run a sprint though, pull it out, sell it, pay for a tune with the cash :) You're using something with only 4 injector drivers etc etc. I'd switch back to the oem ecu.

Not sure that the sprint can take a flex sensor input, the platinum and elite ranges just accept the frequency input directly.

Sorry for a lay person, what does 4 injector drivers mean?

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
Sorry for a lay person, what does 4 injector drivers mean?
Can only drive four fuel injectors (not six). You can cheat a little and double up on the pulses shared across injectors (so, you use three injector drivers and group them, pulsing the injector twice for each intake stroke) but it's less accurate. Older EFI systems used to do grouped injection, although I don't think it was called "grouped". Can't remember the proper name.

EDIT: Seems Wikipedia calls this "batched" fuel injection.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Double fire.... but my point is your going from a factory ecu with sequential injection (seperately pulsed injectors) to double fire. Which is going backwards....
I'm also in canberra for other reasons somewhat regularly ( was there today in fact) so might be able to organise something

Ricardo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ricardo
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Legnum
Double fire.... but my point is your going from a factory ecu with sequential injection (seperately pulsed injectors) to double fire. Which is going backwards....
I'm also in canberra for other reasons somewhat regularly ( was there today in fact) so might be able to organise something

so you mean there is no benefit to having this aftermarket ecu? and if we could organize something for next time your in ACT that would be great as i have 3 kid under 5, and new job and study at tafe 3 nights a week so its kind of hard for me to get to sydney especially the blue mountains. And when i do go to sydney its usually to see family and its difficult to get away

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
Aftermarket ECUs can be great in certain circumstances. But the Mitsubishi system is so hackable there's not huge benefit from aftermarket.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Ok just added 10l of e85 to my empty tank (approx 10l left of 98)

Flex sensor output 2.1v which is approx 42% ethanol. Which sounds about right.

Next step is to reflash the ecu and test the Rom.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Oh lawdy. Almost ready.

Is bcx mod nearly ready also?

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Awesome work, hopefully this and my engine will be complete around the same time

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Something to wet your appetites.... BCX and I have been pushing this along a bit of late, with a ROM being tested right now.. There will still be a few hurdles most likely but it's not far off, BCX's car is the test car with us hooking up laptops on line to get it all up and running.

Here we go!
screenshot.png

Top Bottom