whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Afternoon guys,

I was just curious, I am going to E85 in November and have to do an oil change before hand. I have bought some Penrite HPR 5 5W-40. However since checking to see if it will be compatible, they haven't said I can't use it however Penrite have a make of oil more suited to E85. My issue is Supercheap don't stock the equivalent 5W-40 oil. They do however have Penrite 10 Tenths Racing 10 which is 10W-40.

Would this be an issue? Or should I try and see if I can get a refund and go elsewhere.

I have a preference towards Penrite, however if 10W-40 is no good, I will have to get something else.

Any recommendations?

I know there is a thread for oils/fluids however that isn't for E85 cars.

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
I don't run E85 but that's the oil I use in my galant. On the back of my bottle it has compatible with E85...

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Smurph, Which one? Castrol Edge or Penrite HPR?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
10W40 is OK - I use that in the Penrite racing 10tenths 10W40 and I'm happy with it and its specs. The manual says we should be using something closer to 0W30 but consider the age of the car and your environment too (albeit to a small degree).

You will be wanting to change your oil more often with E85 anyhow.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Dice, If its running with no issues that I might just swap them over. Fairly certain they were the same price.

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Penrite 10w 40 racing extra zinc one. Read the back it has all the compatibility :)

Jye

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jye
Drive
2000 Galant vr4 m/t
Hi guys,
What brand and viscosity would be better to use in Brisbane heat, I used a 10w40 and haven't had dramas, but I change it every 5,000kms

Top Bottom