EVERY VR4 SHOULD HAVE ONE.

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Radar jammers and Radar detectors are highly illegal. The patrol cars are fitted with VERY expensive detectors to isolate if a jammer or detecter is mounted. A search in here and you will see others posts about being pulled over due to the japanese TV unit still in their cars.

There are only x2 effective units that are truly "undetectable" but they go for a nice $2K price tag and have to be imported.

IMO, better off just not speeding in high policed area's.

Totally agree with the 98RON sticker :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
BS, my white auto pfl lived on 95 for a year and 20,000km. In my defence it was an expendable car and had stock boost on a 260hp ecu

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Hahaha laser blinder?

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
95ron is perfect for long haul cruising.
You'll travel the same distance, and save $3-5 per tank. Where's the problem in that?

In the 60,000kms of driving I've done, I've used 95ron for the majority. I commonly had to drive from Geelong to Portland (300kms each way), and there's no way I'd bother using any other fuel for such a trip..

Good point, Adam.
Here's the 98RON decal i'm using (details here).

That said, I think I'd be happy to pick up one of those decals myself. :)

G

Unregistered
Ah, I never saw that post before. I'm going to walk across the road and get one from Subaru on Monday! There's no sticker at all in my petrol flap, not even an 'Unleaded Only' one. :rolleyes:

Good point, Adam.
Here's the 98RON decal i'm using (details here).

G

Unregistered
I used to have a M20 jammer that I bought when I was on holidays in hawaii and saved me 4 speeding fines and my licence.
Jammer are undetactable as when you pick up the police trying to check you for speed you get approx 3 sec for them to get the error message and reset their radar and get your speed again.
By that stage you turn the jammer of so you become detactable and slow down to speed limit and they have got a million to one chance of finding the unit and chances of getting a hard time from the boys in blue to try and hassel you that you have a jammer in a station wagon,,,, COME ON, not likely.'
For all those who have spent $700-800 on a install and tune of a piggy back or $700-800 for a exhaust a M20 is a bargain.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
"Dad! Radar!"
"How much did that cost us?"
"70 bucks"
"Just paid for itself"

G

Unregistered
Radar detectors are definitely worth it. Just carry an empty postal pack that has an address written on it, when the cops pull you over take the radar detector, put it in the pack and seal it. They can't tamper with mail therefore they won't find your radar detector. :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
For those running 95RON, have you logged knock with Evoscan? There's a thread somewhere with those who have and Evoscan showed pretty huge knock figures running 95RON... So believing its ok because the engine hasn't failed is far from the whole story, and I sure as hell wouldn't do it to my car.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
For those running 95RON, have you logged knock with Evoscan? There's a thread somewhere with those who have and Evoscan showed pretty huge knock figures running 95RON... So believing its ok because the engine hasn't failed is far from the whole story, and I sure as hell wouldn't do it to my car.

From my testing (extensive), there is no knock using 95ron under normal (what I call normal) driving conditions. Cruising at 90-120 is fine. The ECU registers 100%octance.

Only under moderate-heavy throtle will knock occur, and only under heavy acceleration will the ECU respond.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
whats woolies/caltex premium? 95 or 98? i think it 95

once i ran it on normal caltex unleaded *runs for the hills*

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Only above 4000rpm when you're flooring it will it start to knock with 95 octane.

Top Bottom