Exhausts

MITSVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
dazz
Drive
Galant
Hey guys just wondering how much you paid for your cat back exhaust an where you got it from?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
at least 3 or 4 of us have got them from autotainment in burswood. 3 inch mandrel mild steel with magnaflow high flow cat, magnaflow muffler and resonator - $950.

where do you live? if you wanted to see the work and sound, may be able to work out whose near you

MITSVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
dazz
Drive
Galant
oh yeah that doesn't sound to bad, i live in forrestfield, i'll check out the workshop

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I paid about $1,300? By Kermit Engineering (this guy does a lot of high powered imports). Custom 3" stainless steel cat-back with a 100 cell high flow cat. He's in Wanneroo/Wangara these days.

Stephen/AKKO's Galant was done by Kermit also.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I paid about $1,300? By Kermit Engineering (this guy does a lot of high powered imports). Custom 3" stainless steel cat-back with a 100 cell high flow cat. He's in Wanneroo/Wangara these days.

That is an awesome price for a Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust with a cat..

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Wait I lie, $1,400. $600 + $800 still equals that doesn't it, woops! :p

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
I've heard kermit does a good job was told about him through a mate when i was looking at getting mine done.
I ended up doing a DIY job (with the help of a mate that can tig) and although it wasn't too hard it was very fiddly so i say paying $1400.00 is well worth it.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Yeah, he's a top bloke and does exceptional work. He'll also make you intercooler hard-piping if you want it! ;)

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
oooh tempting. Ally piping ? you had yours done ?

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Nah I haven't (yet...) but he's done it before and is more then happy to do it again.

G

Unregistered
ye i have to agree kermit is one of the best pipe guys in wa and his stainless work is perfict you definatly get your moneys worth

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)

Unfortunately the exhaust changed hands before i took ownership of the car.
It's in at Cypher in Oconnor this week having turbo-back exhaust work done amongst other things.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Got my catback done in s/s for $600 if i remember correctly, i knew someone though including the cat and tip

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Depends on what you want stainless or mild steel? What kind of muffler? cat? resonators?

MITSVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
dazz
Drive
Galant
I want to spend under $1000 fitted, have quality sound, be able hear it idle.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJVym9n_d98

im not sure how much you can hear there. thats in my car with my system, when stephens old galant drives by me at the end thats also with a magnaflow muffler, high flow cat and no resonators. you can definitely hear it at idle, my girlfiend knows when im home cause she can hear the car idling outside

Top Bottom