Extra dash switches - What is this button?

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Nah, I have a 97 Series 1 Auto and it has AYC and TCL. I quite like it as it gives me a bit more confidence to let my girlfriend drive the car in the wet. I flick it off whenever I get in the car unless the road conditions are shocking though. Found it very helpful when I was learning to drive the Leggy, a bit of a safety net as I hadn't driven a car with as much go.
I have no probs with TCL, just turn it off if you want to go hard. Pretty simple lol.

G

Unregistered
Nah, I have a 97 Series 1 Auto and it has AYC and TCL. I quite like it as it gives me a bit more confidence to let my girlfriend drive the car in the wet. I flick it off whenever I get in the car unless the road conditions are shocking though. Found it very helpful when I was learning to drive the Leggy, a bit of a safety net as I hadn't driven a car with as much go.
I have no probs with TCL, just turn it off if you want to go hard. Pretty simple lol.

So then does anybody know Mitsubishi's thinking for removing it as a feature?

G

Unregistered
Photos007.jpg

Does anyone know what this is? I checked the manual and it seems to have something to do with the wipers. But being in Japanese I can't be too sure.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
hmmm, looks like button for "Wiper De-icer switch"

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you have TCL you automatically have ASC.ALL MANUAL LEGNUMS ever had AYC. Only manual facelift Galants don't have AYC 100% of the time. There are Type V auto facelift legnums and galants available that don't have AYC.Steve - it is possible to have AYC and ASC working at the same time. Just go for a drive on a gravel road and floor the throttle, then wind some lock on :D Great fun :)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Yes, that's the wiper de-icer switch that comes on all cold spec VR-4's.
When the button is pressed, the de-icer grids are activated and these keep wipers from freezing to the windshield.

p2270172.jpg

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
you should just press it and find out
A bit hard without any snow or over-night frost build up :)

To test if it works, press the wiper de-icer button, give it thirty seconds to heat, lift the wiper up and then use the back of your hand to gently feel around the bottom of the windshield from outside the car.
If yours works, you'll notice that the grids are warm.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Bugger, I bet you wish you could keep believing in the super boost button but now the truth has ruined your dream.

G

Unregistered
AYC.Steve - it is possible to have AYC and ASC working at the same time. Just go for a drive on a gravel road and floor the throttle, then wind some lock on :D Great fun :)
ill vouch for that

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
nah i wish it was a Turbo Boost button, like night rider use to have.....

Kissmyfur

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
Just ordered a 99 Legnum
I have found a button under the steering wheel above my left knee. Has anyone got any ideas as to what it does as I sure can't work it out?

Top Bottom