Fuel tank size prefacelift legnum??

smileymertz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kylie
Drive
White S1/S2 front bar 97 Legnum VR4
Everywhere says that the fuel tank size in the prefacelift Legnum is 60L.

BUT, my fuel gauge says empty, and I have only done 300kms.

I know economy is about 15L per hundred...so I should get about 400kms out of a tank.

Do you think it is safe to assume that the gauge is wrong (no big deal) or is there a possibility my tank is only 45L???

Yeah, yeah, I know, just fill up, BUT fuel jumped to $1.25 today (what is with that!??) and if I can get another 100kms out of my tank, I can wait till next week to fill up!!

K :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Have you actually been keeping track of how many litres you have been putting into the car? If the gauge points to E and you only get 40 litres in, then obviously the gauge is inaccurate

Johny

Crunching Gears
First Name
Johny
Drive
1998 Galant 24 viento
in my car when i hit 430 km the fuel light comes on yet when i fill it up ive used less than 50 litres which makes me wonder whether the fuel light comes on when theres still 10l in the tank

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I get 400k's out of a tank usually.. depending on my type of driving..

350-400 is my average..

450 was my heighest ever with the guage pointing far below E lol

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
i made over 500km to 50L a couple weeks ago with about 50/50 highway/city driving,i was happy,ive always had good economy in mine for some reason and thats without a piggy back or aftermarket intercooler,my tank light comes on when ive got about 14l left in the tank,theyre just inacurate guages

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Your tank is definitely 60L, although you can get about 63/64L if you brim it. I drive mine down to the last couple of litres most tanks - when I hit the empty mark I do 60-70km and then fill it, most times I'm getting just under 60L in there. I'm getting between 13 and 14L/100kms, but then I'm constantly on boost 'cause I care more about my fun level than economy ;) Cheap thrills if you ask me!

smileymertz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kylie
Drive
Up until now I have only ever put about 40L in and done an economy test...hence why I know its using about 15L per hundred, but wasn't sure how big the tank was.

Today after asking this question, I put in 46litres, out of which I had gotten about 320kms.

So, I am assuming the gauge shows empty, and the light starts to flicker, even tho I still have 15L in the tank. Overkill, but that's ok....definitely NO excuse to run out LOL

Thanks muchly for everyones replies.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
well, maybe your o2 sensor needs to be replaced.. just like mine.. i only hit 300km full tank.. hmm check out the fuel consumptoin thred.. it is long but worth it. i m waiting for SOMEONE (yes...) to souce me the sensor

smileymertz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kylie
Drive
Nah, I'm getting between 14-15L per hundred around town, 10-11L on the highway....which I am very happy with even tho some would consider it bad. I used to get the same in my dodgy hail damaged 91 magna wagon! But now I have much more fun for the same cost/milage LOL

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It's easy to measure and has been mentioned a few times. Fill to first "click" on the hose. Drive 'til you see the light. Refill to first click and note the kilometres and do the arithmetic.

Top Bottom