What do you have, or are getting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Basicaly, why did you make the choice??
Before you answer I quote Kris (Ironchef) directly from his website
"Good cheap fun family bus for people who don't want to quite give up on life and buy a wagon just yet! " lol

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I wanted a Leggy, but my missus has always owned coupes and wouldn't go a wagon so we got a sedan. But in my defense I will say she has always had Mazdas (929 coupe, 1988 MX6, 1990 MX6 Turbo, 1994 MX6 V6) so I won the Mitsi battle, lol

G

Unregistered
i was looking for a new car as my skyline had been written off, and i was originally looking for a ute, but having nothing really appealing in aussie utes, i turned to import again, and spotted this very angry looking wagon, and ever since seeing that photo i just had to own one.

this was the offending image...
2006_1202december-2006-290093.jpg

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
You can't be held responsable for that. It's a sweet Leggy

G

Unregistered
thats what i tell myself. :p

honestly though, i love my legnum to bits, its a fantastic car, its got looks, space, power, traction, comfort and exclusivity.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
I know where ya coming from. I have had personal dream cars and I have had new cars, but I can't explain the excitement when I first drove my Gally :D:D:D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I don't see a point in buying a Galant. They are the same length and size as a Legnum, but hold more space.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
2 x kids and all the associated garbage :p

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Having owned wagons for the last ten years, I just loved the practicality (mountain bikes, etc) and I've always had people in it so I couldn't go down the ute path. The WRX Wagons just didn't have enough room and the Falcadores handled like boats from what I've driven. Sedans to me meant a pretty much unusable bootspace from what I normally cart around.

However, I did make a promise to myself that the next car would be "the rocket".

I actually first came across the Legnums in the virtual world... Gran Turismo was to blame, even though I've physically seen a StageA before that.
I've always looked up carsales.com.au and seen the one lone Legnum for sale privately in NSW (you know which one it is!) and then suddenly, there were 12 through a dealership in Brisbane.

So the research began, ended up here, bought the Super VR-4 and have been flying with it ever since. And besides, I'm not allowed a motorbike (inner-ear balance thing... grrr @ injuries) so I have to fang it in other ways!

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
yes that leggy above is mean, and its a very tidy car in the flesh!

reason a got the galant? i owned a leggy str before and loved it. when i was looking for the upgrade i wasnt really fussed whether a got a galant or legnum. when i saw the galant i own now i had to have it! it was very tidy, had a sunroof, its manual and had some ralliart bits on it. plus at that stage there were heaps of leggys around, but not many galants.

plus i was able to knock the guy down by $4000 and the trade he gave me on the str was more than what i paid for it! :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I just love sedans. I've never been a wagon person, but if I was to own one...then I'd definitely have a Legnum. They're the only wagon I like the back of!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Another vote for wagon practicality here. Needed the space for carting mates, bikes and beer. Also the individuality at this stage, theres very few around and no one knows what they are!

That said, if a could find a nice coupe, a lot of my mates would be walking :p

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
when i had my gsr, i found having 4 doors was quite practicle, but just needed that little bit more practicality (found myself carting random large objects on a regular basis).

That and ive always loved the look of tastilly modified wagons, so when I saw the legnum I had to have one!

Just done 2 trips in the legnum and am absolutely loving the space! Im able to throw everything in the boot and not spend 2 hours playing tetris trying to fit everything into the gsr sedan boot!

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
I wanted another Sedan after i got rid of my magna, and if i need a wagon ill buy a legnum. then i can have one of each :D

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I was hunting for an S15 when I saw these mad wagons with wings poping up at the various Jap auction sites. Had a gander but didnt persue seeing as there was no import aproval. Then one day I get an email from Ben @ J-Spec saying that "BAM!" you could get em on the road and that was it for me.

Without having driven, let alone actaully seeing one in the flesh I had the Chef start the hunt and in no time at all I was the proud owner of a 2000 type-V auto with a sunroof. Mmmm... Flavour country...

My reason for picking a wagon? Thats easy. Versatility. I'm forever carting junk for work around town and I like the ability to cram it full of weekend toys like tents etc. Also, seeing as we had the Kid on the way, it was a great excuse to buy a "Family" car :p

G

Unregistered
i'd like to add i have no need what-so-ever for a wagon, it's the whole performance wagon thing that drew me in. :D

i was in the same boat as you steve, had never seen one in the flesh, let alone driven one, but i had one on a boat over as soon as i could. :p

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I've chosen legnum over the galant for 2 reasons:
1) I like the look of the Legnum backend
2) It will be handy for carry stuff for my "other" job - cash jobs on weekends (as a sparky!) ;)

G

Unregistered
i chose legnum mainly because i need a new daily, and the fact its a wagon with lots of space was easier to sell to the missus as it can be her weekend car and our future family car as well. i dont really like the shape/design of the galants.

plus, its so much more feature packed than your avg falcon or commodore wagon!

G

Unregistered
Legnum,

because Gilly's version of Tetris is so much harder to win when you have two kids.

Top Bottom