Gaming - ALL DISCUSSION HERE!

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I'm teaching Jonson how to play bf3 at the moment hahahaha
Anyone keen for a game with a half decent squad let me know!!

I've had a couple games with Jonson, dude is hopeless ;) He needs to download endgame so we can play more than the two maps he always plays (Firestorm and Kharg)!

Add me on origin/battlelog, tacticaltails is my ID.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Looks like i may have to get bf3.....

Sent from my GT-I9300

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Fired up the old beast the other day (single core P4 FTW!!!) and cranked out some BF1942 with a few mods (Desert Combat, Forgotten Hope, Desert Combat Extended, Secret Weapons plus a few more), brought back so many memories, I still think I prefer Desert Combat over BF3, something about strafing in the Hind that is just epic. Also played some Flight Sim 2004, Combat Flight Sim 3, Battlefield 2 (with Point of Existence mod) and Lock-On. I recently found Lock-On with all the expansions for only $15 at my local EB Games, time to setup a decent rig to run it with multiple screens now that I have a Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS system and rudder pedals :D

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Single core P4 is old beast? Hehe I should fire up the P3-1.4Ghz monster I have with 1.5GB of PC100 SDRAM :p

I'm in the process of setting up a retrogaming suite in my garage :)

2x 61inch rear projection behemoths;
IMG_2279.jpg

Sega Saturns, Sega Dreamcasts, XBoxes, Wiis, & need to add Playstation 2s.....
IMG_2280.jpg

Controllers!
IMG_2281.jpg

Steering Wheels & X-Arcade Tankstick!
IMG_2284.jpg

I've only a few games to choose from though ;)
IMG_2283.jpg

Bigfoot

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kenny
Drive
Legnum
He has premium, so it should allow that. I, however, don't yet have premium so maybe he's being nice and sticking around for me haha.

I've added you mate, username is AUHightower

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I'm currently downloading Planetside 2, gonna give that a go tonight. 2,000 people in one server? Don't mind if I do.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
For those into Far Cry 3 and everything 80s.

[video=youtube_share;8zh94nidjpM]http://youtu.be/8zh94nidjpM[/video]

Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Preordered last week. Looks fucking RADICAL

Also bought Age of Empires II HD the other day too. Good fun.

Add me on steam - tails13

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Have they patched AOE2 at all? Been reading a lot of negative press from players about lag problems on multiplayer...

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I haven't tried any of the multiplayer so can't say how it plays, but the SP has been fine. I haven't had to download a patch yet (though I didn't play it yesterday).

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
picked up a Sony Ericsson xperia play second hand for emulation, currently hitting the SNES and MAME roms hard. loving it. didnt get it for anything else, its on airplane mode so the battery lasts ages.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
I had no idea that AOE2 was being remastered. I might get it, I loved that game!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I've run AOE1 on multiple OS' without any dramas. Regularly have matches with my nephew which go on for hours...

Dat music....

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Brad your retro setup is AWESOME!

Also, in the process of playing SimCity now. The new one, quite addictive! Few niggles and annoyances but seamless smooth play with no technical issues :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I surely hope everyone in this thread has seen 'Wreck-It Ralph' ?

It's now #1 in my favourites list :)

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
+1 on Ralph, loved that movie. Watch it in SBS-3D, makes it just that much better. Nice retro setup BTW.

A question, anyone here got an Xbox with RROD they want to part with. I am keen to learn more about them and have a go at fixing an RROD system. Also want to flash the drive and see what happens with that.

On another note, was building a gaming system and put the CPU on hold. I am all set up to throw a 3770k chip in (I know a 3570k is more than enough for gaming but that's cool, it will get used with vid editing anyway. What I didn't know was coming so soon is the new 1150 chipset. The 4770k chip is 5 to 10% better performance for only a few dollars more.. Not pleased. :(

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I watched Ralph at the movies in 3D, but kept giving me headaches! I was like a kid in a candy store watching that in the cinema, though it appeared I was the only one in there getting the references lol

I used to have RROD 360s, but I used them to vent my anger hehe.. plenty on Gumtree if you want to take a look though. It apparently only affects the big white boxes, the newer slim ones use a different chipset where they supposedly fixed the problem.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
+1 on Ralph, loved that movie. Watch it in SBS-3D, makes it just that much better. Nice retro setup BTW.

A question, anyone here got an Xbox with RROD they want to part with. I am keen to learn more about them and have a go at fixing an RROD system. Also want to flash the drive and see what happens with that.

On another note, was building a gaming system and put the CPU on hold. I am all set up to throw a 3770k chip in (I know a 3570k is more than enough for gaming but that's cool, it will get used with vid editing anyway. What I didn't know was coming so soon is the new 1150 chipset. The 4770k chip is 5 to 10% better performance for only a few dollars more.. Not pleased. :(

I've got one with RROD, I could post it to you if no one else in QLD has one. RROD can be a multitude of different things though, can't it? I was under the impression that it just means there's some sort of hardware problem.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
RROD is generally the BGA mount CPU/GPU solder balls have cracked from heat cycles and or the shitty cheap cooling. Takes a fair bit of skill to fix and even then there's no guarantee it'll last. Search youtube for bga reballing. Has been a while since I was involved with consoles that RROD/YLOD so things may have changed and there's potentially long term solutions. :confused:

Top Bottom