Gaming - ALL DISCUSSION HERE!

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Yeah your right, either heatsink issues or reballing like you said. I wanna give it a shot for a bit of cheap fun.

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
I've got one with RROD, I could post it to you if no one else in QLD has one. RROD can be a multitude of different things though, can't it? I was under the impression that it just means there's some sort of hardware problem.

Sweet, I haven't heard from anyone else... so if somebody more local doesn't have one I'll get back to you and fix you up with postage and whatnot. Thanks man, much appreciated.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yea, & everyone conveniently forgets about all the disc read issues the PS3 had when it came out :p

Oh & how it boasted PS2 hardware compatibility...... then PS2 software compatibility..... then no PS2 compatibility at all lol..

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Dead lasers, dead disc feed sensors, failing drive mechs, insufficient cooling in the first place, optical drives keyed to the main board so they can't be replaced, BGA cracks etc. The list of assorted console issues is quite substantial. Pc seems easy and robust by comparison.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
From CNet...The Xbox requires periodic online check-ins in order to play games. The PS4 has no such requirement and users can play without Internet connections for as long as they'd like. On Xbox One, Microsoft says that game publishers can (if they so desire) "enable" you to trade your games in at "participating retailers." Microsoft also says that the Xbox One is designed so you can lend your games to friends, but puts the responsibility of enabling this strictly on the shoulders of the publisher of each game.
Sony puts no such restrictions on PS4 games, saying: "When a gamer buys a PS4 disc, they have the rights to use that disc. They can sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever."

Even though I always used to own PS consoles and moved over to Xbox 360 I will cerainly be changing back to the PS4 if that is going to be Microsofts attitude....if I send $100 bucks on a game, fuck you I own it !!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
[video=youtube_share;cn_NoMjuFLc]http://youtu.be/cn_NoMjuFLc[/video]

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Fabulous public relations here from Microsoft;

If this is seriously their attitude, then I might actually buy a Sony product off the shelf for the first time in my life..

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I've been PS1 > Xbox > PS3 and no doubt it'll be PS4 next time. The reason I went PS3 over 360 for this gen was PS3 had free multiplayer and some good exclusives.

I mainly play on PC now though, so I'm not sure if I'll get it on launch day. If there's a game I really want to play, it may sway me. I'm hanging out for The Division (which may see a PC release anyway).

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
I've been PS1 > Xbox > PS3 and no doubt it'll be PS4 next time. The reason I went PS3 over 360 for this gen was PS3 had free multiplayer and some good exclusives.

I mainly play on PC now though, so I'm not sure if I'll get it on launch day. If there's a game I really want to play, it may sway me. I'm hanging out for The Division (which may see a PC release anyway).

thought division was console only?

BF4 gameplay is looking pretty sweet

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I've got more than enough unplayed games sitting on my shelves to keep me occupied for the rest of my life.

Still, won't stop me buying more...

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Holy crap Steve, Cartmans dad is real.

What a tool that guy is, like taking an Xbox overseas is ever going to be a problem for a guy that hasn't been past the mailbox for years, and what an awesome endorsement for the Kinect, how hard was it for him to smash it.. :) Oh and I think he might have 'friends and family' all mixed up, he said he has no family and can share with friends. hmmmm. If he isn't trolling then nobody is.

On a serious note though, most of what he said is very valid.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Yeah, that guy's putting on an act. His stuff is usually pretty hilarious though. :p

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
That guys is just trolling/acting he puts that voice on.

He has normal videos on his page as well.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Ok, been waiting 15 years to be able to do this!
Got my hands on a Bang & Olufsen 28inch CRT TV. Main benefit being it has 2x RGB SCART inputs for my Sega Dreamcast & Saturn. Also I can use my lightguns on it as they won't calibrate to a rear projection TV.
I can also turn the TV on its side to play TATE mode on shoot-em-ups!!! I've been dying to do this since the late 90s hehe... here's a vid!

Top Bottom