Gearbox/tiptronic fuse?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
OK gona try to sus this issue this afternoon, but before hand would be nice to get some info so i know what im talking about when explaining it to someone.

Anywho, yesterday was changing my head unit when i dropped a screw down where the gear/tiptronic lever is. i had a magnectic screw driver, so poked around hopping it would stick to the screw driver. anyway as i was poking around i noticed a spark when i touched the gear lever, and something on the dash clicked. didnt think much of it. but now when i drive the car, the light that indicates which gear u are in, or reverse, etc, isnt shown. theres no light on anything, even park. and now the car only operates in 3rd gear.
i reckon some fuse blew, but wouldnt know if its behind the drivers kick panel or engine bay.

any input would be awesome, thanks.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hey Steve.... Sounds like you done a fuse as you say. The click in the dash was prob the fuse. Pull out the pocket near your right knee on the drivers side and check the fuses there. Dunno which one it would be though lol

(The fuse layout is on the back of the pocket :rolleyes: haha, silly Mitsi)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
prob should update this.. for future reference if other people have this problem.

yes it was a fuse, behind the drivers kick panel. easy fix.

Top Bottom