Good place to get AYC service done in Toowoomba?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
As posted in the title does anyone know a good, reputable place to get our AYC service done in Toowoomba?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
had a look over that and the closest place was Brissy, thought I would make it a little easier to get info from the guys who live around toowoomba. Surly someone would have got their AYC done in Toowoomba, there is about 8 VR-4's around here.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Umm, try Mitsi. I know the particular Mitsi dealer near me did not have the MUT-II computer, but the one in the next suburb does and serviced coops' car for only about 200

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Alright, Ill give them a go, anyone else have any recommendations for me to try calling?

G

Unregistered
No recommendations for a workshop sorry but a reminder that a MUT II diagnostic tool + SP III fluid are what you need to insist on for an AYC service. If not, don't settle for their excuses and go elsewhere. Total cost should come well under $200.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
righto, I did buy some SP III so ill provide that for the service Ill have to make sure The Mitsubishi workshop has a MUT II diagnostic computer.

G

Unregistered
Good stuff. I believe that now there is a MUT 3 tool available, and am assuming that is also backwards compatible and suitable but perhaps someone else can confirm.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Well I rang Len Patti Toowoomba (the mitsi dealer here) they have a MUT II computer and with me supplying my own oil they are charging me $102 not too bad. Just have to find out if its going to be covered under warranty by Motorman.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Sorry, I just remembered that someone asked me something here, I did go to Len patti but not sure if they were any good as my AYC pump was shot when I went to see them. Of course I didn't know that at the time just that it was making noises, I thought there was air in the system.

I can however recommend someone really good near Brissy. NA automotive in Slacks Creek, I believe it use to be called Neil Lowe motor sport. Great guys there that really know what they are doing. The guy striped and rebuilt my AYC pump, stayed back till midnight to get it done because I had to leave Brissy the next morning. Tell me how many mechanics would do that.

G

Unregistered
So what fluids are needed to service the ayc. I'm not sure what to buy

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Mistsubishi SPIII for AYC fluid. You will need at least 2ltrs to do a full flush.

If you are doing the rear diff also, you will need around 600ml of Amsoil SVG or i think its 75W 90 gear oil. (I may be corrected with the specific weight)

G

Unregistered
i take it you can buy this from a mitsi dealer. No ralliart dealer close to me. Will email nundah mitsi and see how much it is there. Sorry to hijack thread. Thanks

Top Bottom