Gran Turismo 5

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I bought the legnum last night. It's a little bit tricky to drift as you need to chuck it into a corner pretty hard. But with the traction control and skid recovery off, it does some pretty sweet skids :p

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Not sure if everyone knows this but i pinched it off of a review website:

"As investigated by GTPlanet.net forum, Gran Turismo 5 has a progressive damage system. This means that as you level up and become more experienced each level of damage becomes unlocked. A report indicates that at level 20 in the game, near full damage becomes unlocked with moderate mechanical issues and at level 40 full damage becomes unlocked with significant mechanical issues."

Seems like you need to earn the priviledge and learn how to drive before the realism begins :(

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
"
At full damage, mechanical failures play a critical role in the vehicles drivability and aerodynamics. At this level car hoods, trunks, and even doors will be hanging by a hinge as pieces of the car fall off.
A reviewer tweeted Yamauchi just a few days ago stating that he was at level 17 and still did not see mechanical damage. Yamauchi tweeted back with a mysterious message stating “it will appear later.”
Now, the reason why Yamauchi has been so vague about how the damage system works in GT5 may be because he wants gamers and reviewers to discover it on their own. It also makes sense that someone reviewing the game would play all the modes to completion and would have discovered this as well."

"Clearly the decision to implement a progressive damage system is Yamauchi’s challenge to all fans of the genre to prove themselves. As a real life race car driver and as someone that wants to make that dream a reality for others through the GT Academy, Yamauchi probably feels that players must first get their skills to a level where they can drive well before introducing race losing (and money losing) effects as crippling full on damage."

Arrrggghhhhh stuff it read it for yourselves :)

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/11/27/...led-yamauchis-damage-test-incomplete-reviews/

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Sounds like a very good idea to me, forces you to get better... the only problem I see is the AI will still be punting you off track and ergo costing you money :(

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Hmmmm, will have to play for a long time to find out though :(

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
Bought myself a 58" Samsung 3D plasma on the weekend... turned on the 3D stuff in the game for INSTANT AWESOME! tunnels now actually feel like tunnels, the guages and everything seem to be sitting off the screen

its really cool :D

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
Bought myself a 58" Samsung 3D plasma on the weekend... turned on the 3D stuff in the game for INSTANT AWESOME! tunnels now actually feel like tunnels, the guages and everything seem to be sitting off the screen

its really cool :D

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Finding myself lolling hard at all the X-Box Vs PS3 fights going on around the internets prompted by this game. Still, I'm not hearing many good things about GT5, which is a real shame. GT1 really pushed my love of imports when it came out, and it is a shame that this game sounds like it won't really do the same thing for a new generation.

All that is based on not actually playing it though... I'd prefer to spend my $500 on a set of rims rather than a video game!

az1310

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4
i was wondering why it was so easy to beat GT5 AI cars and now i know why.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Without really trying to get into trouble here, why do the people who rejoice in the game not being awesome rejoice in the game not being awesome? Genuinely wondering.

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
the video is pretty funny, but it does look a little set up. the still car on gt5 is in a position where the cars would go just before a corner(from the outside of the track (which is where it is)) notice how the other cars miss the players car when it is no longer on the line to follow
whereas on forza 3 the car is actually on the corner and the cars would be driving on the inside of the lane at that point.
so im not convinced that it proves anything, other than xbox fanboys have set up a video to make gt5 look stupid

infact i just read a few of the posts on youtube and one person thinks the same thing

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
eh....GT5 is much better now I bought the top top Lambo with titanium exhaust.......I just made a mess in my pants :p

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Without really trying to get into trouble here, why do the people who rejoice in the game not being awesome rejoice in the game not being awesome? Genuinely wondering.

Yeah I agree. It's just a game. The people who seem hell bent on dissing the game prob just wish they had it. Everyone who's bought this game loves it (albeit it takes some time to get used to). If you like cars, just go out and buy the basic copy of the game for $79 like I did. Well worth the money.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
So I want to see a video of that Forza vs GT5 AI thing with the Forza car in the same spot, only shifted directly to the right.. See if they still avoid or not!

I liked the game, I have now sold my PS3 to another friend, but I was playing it on the weekend.. It's pretty cool :)

I never got in to any of the GT games in the past, I don't have the patience to sit and play through games really.. BUT from what I've played and seen it's pretty good :)

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
To many shit races with shit cars that dont need to be there but is indeed gettin better once you get the decent cars most people can only afford to look at :) im level 17 now and the damage is becoming more apparent than before too :p

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I own Forza 3 as well and I'm more disappointed with that than GT5. I got bored with forza very quickly and so far I'm still playing GT5 after a couple of weeks mainly cos of the variety it offers

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Has anyone started the B spec events yet?

I gave it a go, and its an easy way to make money and win some new cars.

I gave my noob driver the 600bhp buick you win in A spec. He was drifting the entire track with the traction control on. Pretty funny to watch.

Top Bottom