Gran Turismo 5

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Overall im really impressed but its clear they've run out of time and gone half assed in some areas though.

Run out of time? Jesus christ they've been working on it for bloody long enough! It'd ought to be downright perfect.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I know right. The whole premium/standard car thing shows they ran out of time although im glad they included the standard cars as it allows you to get your hands on soem rarer more obscure vehicles. And the damage thing was clearly an afterthought because its shit. Other than that all good i say.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Yeah, in some areas it's awesome but in others it's GT4.3 :( Still haven't got my Legnum yet, so I'm tootling around a dirty Nissan coupe thing... *spit* :D

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I finally got the Legnum!!! I haven't raced it yet too excited had to let you all know(sad I know) and in trigger mauve except it looks more blue than purple

VR4CE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Vince
Drive
Galant VR4
I finally got the Legnum!!! I haven't raced it yet too excited had to let you all know(sad I know) and in trigger mauve except it looks more blue than purple

yeah i got the same one, so far I've upgraded the whole exhaust and although it goes better it sounds pretty awful

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I saw this today at both Dick Smith & JB Hifi. Can't really say I was impressed too much, but I did walk in saying to myself "Cmon GT5, wow me".
I didn't notice the graphics being anything too special, but it would take a lot to leave an impression on me. Makes me more impressed with the graphics in Forza 3 as that is now 12 months old.

Anyways, I played GT4 tonight with my nephew. Horrible collision physics & all, lol.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
I saw this today at both Dick Smith & JB Hifi. Can't really say I was impressed too much, but I did walk in saying to myself "Cmon GT5, wow me".
I didn't notice the graphics being anything too special, but it would take a lot to leave an impression on me. Makes me more impressed with the graphics in Forza 3 as that is now 12 months old.

Anyways, I played GT4 tonight with my nephew. Horrible collision physics & all, lol.

Sadly, to me they haven't changed... I keep getting punted off by stupid AI that doesn't seem to know how to brake & pass etc. :(

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Sadly, to me they haven't changed... I keep getting punted off by stupid AI that doesn't seem to know how to brake & pass etc. :(

Makes you wonder what they were doing for the last 12 months. Lol at all the people shelling out for GT4.5!

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Yeah, the legnum comes and goes in the used car section I missed it and had to wait until about l10 before it came up again.

Interestingly no galant vr-4 only some of the earlier models.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
does anyone else have an issue with no engine sound on mid or rear engine cars on all views except behind the car?

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Heh, luckily for me it was price-matched & gift-carded EB, yay month late birthday pressy :) Currently, the Yaris race is pissing me the fuck right off... I still can't beat it with a 201bhp turbo Vitz at level 8. Fucking Yaris's's's :/

Also, haven't got my gorram Legnum yet :(

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
Speaking of being pissed off with specific races... The freaking Kombi Top Gear track - I have a silver (nearly got a gold but bumped into the lead guy a little too hard and got disqualified) and the damn Nascar beginner 2nd track!!! i've tried about 20 times and CANNOT get gold!

Have not seen a Legnum appear in the used car area either :(

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Well the game will never live up to anything if you have a pre concieved bias before you even play it.

What car settings are most people using?

Ive found that traction control off is the most fun, frying the wheels on ever corner of my 300 hp S13 :p But set to 5 (half) increased my lap times significantly. I also have the ABS set to 5 and it reduced my braking distance.

The only annoying thing about the game is waiting for the User Car Dealer. I need to find a sub '69 model car to race in the classic race, but nothing has come up apart from a 2CV, pfft!

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Have been running TC at 1-2, and ABS at 1 most of the time, haven't really fiddled with car settings yet.
The best car i found for the classic races is a '68 Mazda 110s.

Best experience so far is sliding the 787B out of Parabolica onto the main straight at Monza. In the rain with the sun going down.

Oh, and this is awesome:
25112010294 (Large).jpg

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I use the least amount of assists but I might turn some things back on cos I can't control any mid engine car braking into a corner without it locking up sideways and then snapping as i counter.

an E-type jag recently come up so I'll be using that for the classic races

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Did this yesterday/today... hooray for stuff lying about in the garage :D

DSCF4239.JPG

DSCF4248.JPG

DSCF4261.JPG

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I scored the legnum after about 2 hours of game play, its nothing special and quite disappointing tbh, along with the game, very disappointing. Graphics are ok, the burnouts and skids ect are ok the smoke given off is ok but nothing special however it does look more realistic when you look behind after pullin off a fish tail out of a corner, replays look good but where the smoke is makes my image all pixelated and shitty but only on replay mode i have the pixelation problem. The damage is terrible i dont like that fact you car bumper car your way around corners etc. The whole game feels way too arcadish and not enough simulation, I remember forza 2 that was the best race game ive ever played and im yet to play forza 3 as my X360 has shit itself and out of warranty but GT5 is only worth the $78 i payed at big W and nothing more, ill still play the game and try to finish it but it just didnt meet my expectations for something that has been hyped up all this time. :(

Top Bottom