Gran Turismo 5

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
God damn it must be unbelievably inconvenient to buy stuff at lunch time!

Haha screw you.

Well the midnight launch was around the corner from me in town, and today at lunch I have appointments with banks. Plus I snuck in a solid 3 hours of game play last nite. I'm screwed this morning though.

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
How is it? I have it in my hot little hands now at work... gonna go home in my lunch break to start the install and firmware upgrade :D

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
It's sweet. I didnt even have to install the game, it just started up ready to play. I dont know if this is due to installing firmware 3.50 yesterday.

My advice is to sell all the standard cars you win and use that money to mod premium cars. They respond well to mods.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
from what i read you have the option to install data to the HDD.

Allan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Allan
Drive
Legnum
just bought a copy for 78 bucks at big w. just need to find the time to play it now

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Picked it up this morning, still setting it up etc... intro is purdy though :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
More details on the Legnum in it!!!

Stuff like stock specs (auto or manual, do the ratios change?) and what mods can you do?

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Can't change wheels on the 800 standard cars including the legnum which sucks. Stuck with stock wheels lol
Also no interior view on the standards and they are just slightly better looking versions of gt4 cars, done in hd. Look nowhere near as good ad the 200 premium cars. Bit disappointing

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
It doesn't unfortunately :( 800 of the cars out of the 1000 don't have in car camera, and the Legnum is one of them.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
More details on the Legnum in it!!!

Stuff like stock specs (auto or manual, do the ratios change?) and what mods can you do?

With the standard cars, you can upgrade all the performance parts, just not the exterior. You can do a 6-speed manual upgrade, I believe you can play with the ratio's (although I havnt tried this yet). Turbo upgrades, ecu, exhaust, etc. I havnt unlocked the legnum yet.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
i played last night at EB games.

Couldn't buy the legnum new and it wasn't available second hand

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Yeah - i keep going back to the used cars bit trying to find it - so far stagea and caldina's have been there but no leggie

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Same here - want a Leggie but cant find one to buy, stuck with 480 hp Evo 2 :(

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Now have mates hunting it down - apparently i have to pay a premium if they find one first haha

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Glad someone else noticed that the standard cars were really dodgy quality when compared to the premium cars. I've just been buying premium cars so far for that reason. And i cannot describe how impressed i am with the smoke/skidmarks. Small things make all the difference to realism i reckon. Overall im really impressed but its clear they've run out of time and gone half assed in some areas though.

Top Bottom