Great Gearboxes - what do you rate

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Feels ok sitting in the carpark of the workshop lol - will let you know when I finally get to drive it :)

rich

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
richard
Drive
ford xe 351 legnum vr4 Ford G6ET
The alfa 33 didn't have the gearbox in the rear, but the alfa 75, 90, and the old gtv did, and yes its a dreadful box.Funny because the earlier cars like the 105 gtv from 1963 to 1975 had one of the best boxes in the world at the time.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
My dad has a Montreal and that is possibly the worst car I've ever tried to shift... other than a VW bug that had a busted gearbox! Mind you the engine was cold and he wouldn't let me rev it, and that car was designed to be revving hard and running hot before it would settle down.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The alfa 33 didn't have the gearbox in the rear, but the alfa 75, 90, and the old gtv did, and yes its a dreadful box.Funny because the earlier cars like the 105 gtv from 1963 to 1975 had one of the best boxes in the world at the time.

Even less reason for it to feel so shocking then!

I had a 105 Alfa for a couple of years - great to drive, and man did it pull the ladies...

Fell apart in my hands though...

G

Unregistered
both. :p

33 gts-t box with a short shifter.. goooood! loved grabbing second whilst the rear end was lit up.

'02 lotus exige box - dunno if it was a result of the owner, or the box itself, but it was horrible, so clunky, so hard to get into gear..

'86 pintara gxe auto box - after 21 years, the car has made its own shift kit, holds the revs out to redline almost every gear, and when its cold is will not go up to third. :D

Top Bottom