NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Hey guys.

Currently running a bride seat setup in the galant. Want to make the move to harnesses in the next few months.

Looking at a custom made bar that works as a rear strut brace, with a custom peice that comes up through the galants "parcel shelf" area.
Was thinking of this since I don't have a rear strut brace atm
The whenever harnesses arnt in use I can Tuck them behind my back seats and forget about them. (have legnum fold downs)

Anyone "fabrication savvy" that knows if this sort of setup is achievable and safe for running harnesses?
Also seems like a more sleek option than a custom half cage with a harness bar which rendors my rear seats redundant and more red hot with police considering its a street car thats already been red labelled this year haha

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
If you aren't doing circuit racing extremely regularly you really shouldn't run a harness.

Check CAMS/Motorsport Australia for dimensions, they will dictate the best place for your bar should you install one.

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
I do hard driving a fair bit and been in friends cars with harness setups and the difference is awesome.

Top Bottom