Having some electrical problems

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
The major concern i have is that i could have fried the ECU. BTW for reference i had burnt out the 120amp fuse. Do you have any tips on diagnosing if the aircon/heater fan is burnt out. I havent pulled it out yet so it may be really obvious if it is gone but if it isnt i would like to know what to look for?

If your ECU was fried the car wouldn't drive. As for testing the fan I'd remove it and connect it directly to a car battery to see if it still spins.

Also that 120 amp fuse will only burn out if you short circuit the alternator output to ground.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Thanks Kaldek its good to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Ok thanks Brenton. I do know my car had 3 recalls done but i cant remember what they were for now. Just happy to be driving at the moment. Probably in 3 weeks i will have time to sort this out and i will post what i find.

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
1997 Trigger PFL Manual Legnum.
Revival of an old thread. It may be helpful to future idiots.

First, my blower motor is a fried power transistor. My car never had the recall work done, but the overvoltage was what killed it. If you only have MAX POWER! or nothing at all, and it's not fuses, it'll be this.
The not-working mirrors. Solved by replacing the switch.
The Jedi Cluster. Solved by replacing the rheostat for adjusting the brightness. If the old one doesn't work, you will not have cluster visibility.

Top Bottom