Having AYC serviced at mechanic for the first time

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
Hey all,

Just a quick question regarding the AYC service procedure. I rang my local Mitsubishi service department to see if they had the MUT-III tool and could service AYC. They got back to me saying that they do have the MUT-III and can do the AYC service, but noone who works there has done AYC before.

Is it a difficult process? Would it be fine to trust them doing it for the first time, or should I travel to a known workshop who has done it before and would have no dramas doing it again?

I realise that they have a duty of care and if I had a problem with it I could go back to them and probably claim repairs, but I'd love to get it done right the first time!

Cheers

Blake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Yo_Mang.. as Prawny suggested contact TME_Steve as he knows more about the vr4 than any other mitsubishi garage in NSW..

most likely it'll be even cheaper if you contact him and get him to do the service..

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
i'd have to check the invoice. I had it and the diff done at the same time. From memory its quite reasonable. I think AYC and Diff was around $150 inc oils.

STAGTR

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pete
Drive
99 Legnum VR4 Type S, Stagea 260RS, 11 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Gents, Just had mine bled/flushed at Meek on the weekend. Was 150 for the service and 15 for the oil. Pretty reasonable I would say given I don't have time and space to put all four wheels up and do it myself. Not to mention the peace of mind knowing no air has found its way in the system. Once that pump starts cavitating, it's likely to fail.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
^ You guys are lucky if you only pay $150 mitsubishi up here in townsville wanted $270 just to flush ayc. Hence why i have to learn myself.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Yeah $150 is reasonable, I'm still more keen to let it die and then replace it with a proper diff lol.

Top Bottom