Help and thoughts please

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Hi all, my son really wants to buy this car

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/...o=Stock&Range=Price:Min,5000~0.5&sort=default

What I am concerned about is the vtec wiring as described. Apparently the car was fitted with a F22 DOHC engine and replaced with a H22A DOHC vtec engine. According to the seller there are approx 4 wires that need to be addeded into the ECU to make this complete. Does this sound right or should I steer him away from it?

Gary

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Shouldnt be too hard to hook up if its got the same ecu from the engine swap that is. You definately need the VTEC soleniod wired up, also you need the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) connected from the transmission to the ecu otherwise you wont get vtec either. there is an abundance of wiring info on the interwebs for Honda's, especially as they are so popular in the USA, but I would be making sure that the ecu in the car is for the H22A for a start.

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks Adam, I have NFI when it comes to this shit. I will ask more questions.

Gary

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
adding 4 wires is easy.. but adding them without instructions will be a little difficult..

also for the price, seems like a nice buy.. only thing missing i see are the side skirts..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
haha I love his "RAVS VOLKS" that he is passing off as genuines

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
Not sure about the wiring info, but why not spending a little bit more and get a vti-r civic/prelude instead?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Agreed. Better off with an EG or EK Civic with b16a/b, b18c, h22 or some form of k-swap.

Top Bottom