Help me find thieving pr*cks

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
So we woke up this morning to find both mine and my girlfriends cars surrounded in glass.

Passenger side windows and rear side windows smashed in both, cars full of glass and mine, well mine looked like below.

So yeh, this is how it is. From the girlfriends nearly new car ( replaced 4 months ago after somebody else crashed into her last one) they stole her drivers license and an iphone cable, thats it

From mine they took the head unit (eclipse avx5000), dunno what else, havent been through it yet.

If everyone could get the word out about the head unit and keep an eye out for it i'd be grateful. If i can track down who did this i will hand them over to the authorities, after im finished with them.

Lickily for me im a vindictive prick, unlucky for them ive got more than two braincells to rub together and plenty of time.

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

damage wise im down two windows, rear quarter is bent and down to the paint, rainguards gone and well i no longer have a centre console.

Girlfriend down two windows, both door bent where they prised them open and shes freaked out as they have her drivers license with our address.

In total they hit 5 cars in our apartment carpark, and an office nextdoor, then went to the next suburb and it it again.

So we are all plastic sheeted up for the rain. Going to cost $500 each in insurance excess.

I hope they write mine off, ive had enough

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Shit, this kind of thing is horrible to experience. Hope the insurance process is pain free for you. And hopefully the bastards get caught.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
holy shit! they went mental in there didnt they

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
damn, those bastards went shopping spree didnt they?

I hope you can change all of your locks.. and get your gf to change her licence and cancel any cards (if any were taken and assuming that hasn't been done yet)

sorry to hear about this..

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Shit dude they made a mess of your car, they must be smack heads.

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Dude, That's a real shame. If it's any help to you i have my old double din Alpine head unit that was in my car from Japan. It's in the shed if you want it so you have something to listen to while you get yours sorted out.

Hope they found some sort of DNA sample from them.

Scott

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
sorry mate thats ugly

and they didnt take your sub?

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
they smashed into my boot and moved my sub and amp and left them, also left my 4 channel in there aswell.

Thanks for the offer Scott but hopefully the insurance company will replace it, was listed on my policy. Plus they ripped out all the monting brackets so ive got nowhere to put it.

In other news, storms in perth at the moment and we have 2 cars with no windows

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Thought of this, it would solve the problem, and it won't even run down your battery.

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Just noticed this thread for the first time, what an aweful thing to have happen. Seriously hope you catch the destructive little asshole or assholes that did that.. some poeple just don't deserve to be wasting our precious air.

Best of luck to you and your girl.

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
Car just got towed away.

Chose the most expensive looking shop i could find, free courtesy car, full valet and all. Nova smash repairs in east perth if anyones interested. Used them before and they were great.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Wah! Just seen this! Thats just terrible!

And i thought qld here is getting it real bad with the nissans.. i guess times ARE tough..

Definetly keep an eye out on the headunit

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
Quick update 16days later...

Neither of us have a car...STILL!

After being told it would take 2-3 days to fix the swift its now 13days later...still no swift, told us another 4 days. Smash repairers claim it took 11 days to get the parts...for a brand new, common as muck suzuki swift. I expressed my 'displeasure' after they reduced my girlfriend to tears on the phone.

AAMI have just had a new arsehole torn, both parties have been instructed that if the vehicle is not on our drive by friday i will remove it from them and have it repaired, at their expense. They said i was unable to this, i said i didn't give a flyinf f**k what they thought, and the fact that they were seemingly unable to complete a simple task led me to believe that they have the intellect of pond life.

Shannons still haven't even viewed the legnum....16days later.....still with no windows in it....2 phonecalls a day does not seem to illustrate my agitation about this situation.

quoted $8250 to repair....cars insured for $9250.....looks like its a write off (especially as theyve paid $5000 on previous claims). BUUUUUUUUT still waiting for the official word

At this point i'm going to put it out for expressions of interest in parts if i can buy it back....if the parts wanted exceed the buy back price i'll do it.

-someones keen on motor (no ancillaries) -145,000 on car for other parts...
-interior is near perfect (except centre console obv)
-p/s pump is shagged - but i have a rebuild kit if someone wants both
-4 17inch manaray vr5 wheels with falken fk452's all at 60% ish ( 1 plugged at lachlans old work)
-full custom stainless downpipes, highflow and catback - 3 months old.....fit the bottom of the car like a glove....if you wanna go low...get em (these were $3k altogether - so dont be shy with your expressions, i'm expecting $2k plus)
-full driveline
-most panels - paint on bonnet is going...car is mystar blue
-No audio gear
-suspension is stock
-basically its a whole car....if you want a bit and youre willing to come down and pull it off make me an offer

Not willing to post tbh - for the WA boys i would organise a workshop day, if you want parts come help pull the car to pieces and take your parts...car will go straight to wreckers from there. Could be fun to be honest, i may even provide some sausages to sizzle if youre all lucky

AS STATED, EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ONLY - NOT DEFINATE, i just need to have an idea in my head of price for the buy back to be worth it

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Man that is taking a long time. I just recently went through a claim (first time I have ever made a claim on any vehicle) I took the car in on one morning, quote was sent through to Lumley in the arvo and I was called the next day at lunch and told the repairs were approved.

There cannot be any logical explanation as to why something like this could take so long , could there?

Scradam

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Manual Series 2 VR4 Legnum
My glove box was broken, but I repaired/reinforced the flimsy pos clips by cutting and bending scrap metal brackets with a screwdriver and a vice.
If you end up wrecking the whole thing I might be interested in the glove box.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Doesn't sound right Rosco, my Skyline was stolen and paid out in much less time than that. Why is their reason for taking so long to view it?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Name your price on All hanging panels except boot lid - bonnet, guards, all doors delivered on a pallet to Adelaide.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I'd be interested in the exhaust, if you end up parting it out, talk turkey with me.

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
Doesn't sound right Rosco, my Skyline was stolen and paid out in much less time than that. Why is their reason for taking so long to view it?

Shannons blame smash repairers for taking so long to quote.

My smash repairers have been on the phon ewith me most days but i think they got all the audio quoted externally so that doubled the time

Top Bottom