Help Needed from NSW crew

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Hi guys,

I have recently had (or having) a new haltech ECU installed and Dave from RPW told me that in order for the ECU to read the tacho, haltech are gonna need to borrow someones auto VR-4 for a few hours to do a bit of research, then and only then will there be any hope of getting it working. I would do it myself, but I am over here in Perth.

If there is any way whatsoever that someone could do it, even if it means lending your car to someone else to drive it there on your behalf, it would be such a great help to everyone like myself, Regi and all those in the future to come who come across the annoying situation. Please please please someone make the effort!!!

The address of the place is 3 Centre Place, Wetherill Park NSW Australia 2164
I guess you'd have to book it in with them, their number is 9729 0999.

Thanks a lot for your help

G

Unregistered
Dont know if it will help, but i had drawn out issues getting my shiftlight wired up, because i couldnt get the tacho signal right.. In the end i saw this thing, and ended up taking out the cluster, and taking the signal for it from directly behind the dash itself. Dunno if they could back track it from there, or run a cable to it?

Certainly none of the ecu pins seemed to work for me

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.galantfans.nl%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D498+&langpair=nl%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
OK I just spoke to Dave at RPW and a manual version will actually be OK!!

So Chris if you can do it this would be supremely helpful. I'll PM u just in case.

Dave at RPW will call Haltech and let them know what you intend to do, and from there you just need to give them a call on Tuesday and tee up a time to drop ur car in.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Update is that since my cars ECU was in good working order to begin with, the tacho still functions fine after the haltech install, so all is good for me personally...

I'll leave it up to someone else like regi to ask nicely for some help now!!

Top Bottom