Car audio help needed

G

Unregistered
hi guys and girls need a bit of help from you car audio gurus.

i have a pioneer avh-x8550bt double din head unit with reverse camera.

i keep gettting this on my screen.
20141116_205042.jpg
this message normally shows on the screen when the reverse camera is activated and on

but it comes on when the cars in drive or even stationary.

ive got the reverse camera been activated by the powering it to the reverse light globe wire.

any idea why it could be doing this.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
It's just a warning as the head unit may flip the image depending on how
The camera is mounted. It removes liability from manufacturer if u hit something.

G

Unregistered
all sorted was a setting in the headunit. now to get the reverse camera to work properly

Ozyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
2000 Legnum
Did you have the unit set up on negative trigger or did you have the main screen set up on rear camera as a display???

They are an awesome unit. I have the avhx8450bt .

G

Unregistered
had rear view mode on. so it keeps trying to activate the camera. also worked out that the pnp aeropro kits dont work 100% when looking at it today and the harness that comes with the head unit the aeropro is missing 3 wires.

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
hi i've got a similar head unit and was wondering where i could find a reverse power wire. the head unit needs a +12V to switch automatically to the video input channel. but i don’t want to run a wire all the way from the back from the reverse lights..

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Manual or auto?
Also, the few head units I've seen have had an option to select ground or 12v signal in the settings

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
manual, and there is just 1 lead that is marked reverse controle. i've put it to the +12V from the power to the head unit and the camera came up! did not try to put it to the ground...

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
hi i've got a similar head unit and was wondering where i could find a reverse power wire. the head unit needs a +12V to switch automatically to the video input channel. but i don’t want to run a wire all the way from the back from the reverse lights..

If you've got a Galant, i reckon it's actually easier to run a wire to the back than mess around trying to find somewhere else in the shifter or something.
There's a photo of the exact connection and cable route about half way down my guide:

https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/installing-front-and-rear-parking-cameras-galant.14538/

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
found the wire on the back of the fusebox so problem solved!

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
found the wire on the back of the fusebox so problem solved!

Bit of a necro but im doing this now, which cable and fuse box? Preferably don't want to run the reverse trigger cable all the way to the lights :p

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
I bought a bluetooth camera for my Legnum and set the switch to the rear window heater. I wanted to be able to just turn on the camera whenever. Works great and the Bluetooth doesn't get affected at all, saved me the headache of running cable the length of the car.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
I think I will use rear light fuse, didnt realise there was one

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Resurrecting an old thread here but I've just fitted a head unit with reverse camera setup to my Legnum. You do not need to go to the back of the car and tap into the lights. The wire for the reverse lights is the red/blue wire within the conduit of cables that runs under the driver's door sill. You can easily access this wire behind the kick panel next to the throttle, as per the picture attached. Just tap the wire (I use Posi-Tap connectors) and connect to the head unit's reverse switch detection.
upload_2021-2-12_13-37-9.png

I didn't feel that mentioning the fuse box was the best advice as if you mis-read that statement you might think you should tap the fused circuit. The fuse itself is the power source leading to the switch in the gearbox. The red/blue wire is the output from that switch.

I don't believe there is a relay involved and my best assessment is that the circuit runs directly from the fuse, to the switch on the gearbox and then directly back to the lights via the red/blue wire.

Note: Ignore the thick red wires and large relay in this picture. This is the power feed for my Walbro 450 as fitted by @TME_Steve

Top Bottom