Help please - Key remote!

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
Hi guys,

When I bought my Legnum VR4, I was told that my key remote battery was flat - yeah right.

So with a new battery, still no luck. However, when I opened it up, I realised that there only plastic on one side which didn't make sense as I'd need both positive AND negative for this to work. It looks like something is missing...I have attached a photo on what mine looks like - is this normal? If not, can someone please show me a photo of theirs so I'm able to "fabricate" something in order for my remote to work? That would be great! thanks!

Attachments

• Photo 66.jpg
    Photo 66.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 70
G

Unregistered
I just had mine apart earlier today to change the battery.

You are missing a little folded metal tab which connects from the small metal square in the top left of your circuit board to the edge (or positive side) of the battery.

Battery goes positive side out (towards the + stamped on the shell) in case it wasn't obvious enough.

Solder a short wire to that square on the circuit board, strip the other end and jam it behind the battery so that it contacts when the key is all screwed back together again. If you have trouble with the wire contacting the battery fold a little bit of tin foil around the end to help bulk it up.

Hey, have you flipped that image for some reason. It looks back to front compared to my key innards!

UPDATE: I've flipped the image the correct way and have overlaid a diagram.

wire-link.jpg

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
Hey mate, thanks for that - really appreciate it!

haha, yes, it is flipped! I took the photo with "Photo Booth" with the in-built camera on my mac

heshan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Heshan
Drive
2000 Legnum VR-4
Btw guys, I'm looking for a new battery for my key and wondering what size the recommended batter? Is it CR1616?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
I'd like to know too please as mine is going flat, does it require relearning after a battery change?

G

Unregistered
Yes it's CR1616 and I usually get the Maxell 5 packs from eBay which work out about the same price delivered as buying a single battery from a store.

I don't think you need to program it again, at least I don't remember needing to do it when changing mine.

Top Bottom