HELP WHAT ARE THESE WHEELS??

G

Unregistered
Picture 122.jpg
Hi Guys.

Need some help.
Its mostly out of curiousity but found them here and in so so shape.
Will inspect the other 3 wheels carefully but the first one has a crack alonge the edge of the inner rim.
It needs to be argon welded and the rolled and ballanced and re painted and am thinking of going back to white.
These are the specs.
Inside they have a made in england stamp.
They are not too heavy and are a 5 bolt and not a multi fit.
Appears to be 114.3 as they sat nicely on the bolts with a bit of play but pretty normal I guess.
They are a 17X 8 and are pretty light.

I will weigh them but at first thoughts they seem approx 500grams heavier then the rays magnesium wheels that are currently on my car.
They clear the brembos magically and I cant wait to put them on as am sick of the spacers and if I had got a front flat then my rear Rays wheel doesnt clear the brembo and nor does the spare so I was always in trouble so it will be great to have all 4 wheels able to clear brembos for the peace of mind.

The guy will sell them to me for $180US for the set but am sure I will get him down to $150 or less due to the $50-60 of repairs needed.

I also have a good set of tyres currently so going to 18's again and re buying tyres was always a pain in the but so thats another relief.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
First impression is that they are ugly. I don't mind the spoke design, but the centre cap is quite ugly!

I would perhaps ask on clubvr4 as they are UK based and someone over there might know.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
paint them black with a coloured pearl and you'd be n business

i hav never seen them before

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Sorry they're not getting much love from me either. They're cheap for a reason, Adam ;)

G

Unregistered
wheels

The wheels are made in the UK.
They are light and only cheap as all wheels second hand here are cheap.
The can sell me for $150-$200 a set of Momo or OZ racing genuine made in italy but out of the 10 sets or so that I found neither clears the brembos.
Even this really nice gold OZ racing still needs 1 spacer and I dont want that.
My friend just bought a set of as new original 19" bmw alpina wheels for $500US and for $50 extra he gets as new tyres so that should give you an idea.
The english wheels will look nice in either white or black so I might just get some spray paint and do 1 wheel white and 1 black and take a poll with you guys.
Tis is when they were put up against the car.
Picture 123.jpg

G

Unregistered
Yes the center cap may be a no go as I ditched the center cap with the rays wheels and they are a bit similar.

MooIsTaken

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jordan
Drive
'99 Galant SeriesII Type V
I think they look alright without the centre cap

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Might be Team Dynamic. My 18's are pretty light and are made in UK so may be the same brand. Although I also gotta say the design is a bit ugly on these wheels. What do they look like with the centre cap off? I reckon they could look ok but the centre cap looks a little tacked on or something.

G

Unregistered
Ok the wheels will cost me about $30 to get fixed and I will leaved the center caps of.
What do you guys think pait them black or white as the brembos would be more visible with white wheels.
Whats the vote?
Cheers

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Paint them black so you can't see them

invisible ink ftw

Hmm, got pics without the centre cap? That really brings the wheels down, I think they might look alright without it.. o_O

G

Unregistered
Yes there is a pic here without the caps up against my car.
I think I will stay black.

G

Unregistered
whels

So I did get these wheels installed and they are lighter then the rays turismo's and clear the brembos with ease.
Went for a custom color of a very dark honey green with shades of purple and blue.
Picture 134.jpg

They look pretty muck black in the shade but have a nice spark with sunshine on them.
Change to about 4 colors at different angles.
I also think they look actually pretty good on the car.

G

Unregistered
w

A night shot of the new rims.
This is my 5th set of wheels on the car in 12 months.
But I did change a few times as brembos came and old wheels were no good.
Picture 133.jpg

G

Unregistered
They sure look different. Would you say that the colour is chameleon? Just asking because you said that they change colour with different angles.

G

Unregistered
they look ok,
but....

paint the CV nuts,
get a nice set of wheel nuts.
get some tire shine/spray.

G

Unregistered
The wheel nuts will get changed to new red ones as these were but got worn out.
Am flying to china auto warehouses next month so will get a new set of wheel nuts there for about $15 and I think I will go with the light weight aluminium nuts.

The guy here who mixes car paint for the panel shops likes to experimant with new paints and colors.
He told me its not camelon but has that apperance. I can remember the name but he said it has antix or some crap like that in it which make the colors chnge.
Am already thinking of repainting the car in this paint as it looks awsome almost like dark honey poured over a shiny diamond if that makes sense.

Top Bottom