HELP WHAT ARE THESE WHEELS??

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Tyre black, stat!! Look better than I expected, I must admit.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
im with ironchef, they look the goods now. get some boot polish on them tyres...or actual tyre black

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
They'd actually look decent with smaller tyres that were black. Surprised.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
hmm they are ok, i still wouldnt have picked them personally.

however:
- less tyre.
- tyre shine.
- lop about a metre off of the ride height.

G

Unregistered
I think they look pretty good.
I keep on telling you guys that only a fool would lower there car here and putting tyre shine or any other tyre stuff is a waste of time and money as it doesnt last a day here.
My cousin has a sti with hks coilovers and he drives 5 km an hour everytime he gets of the main road. I on the other hand still keep a boyish Tommi Makkinen pace most of the time.
The roads are getting better but I still work at the bazar here and that means dirt roads as daily driving and lots of safari time. Hence the taller stiffer bridgestone tyres.
I only look for 750kg max load as anything less is a huge risk as the pot holes here have popped at least 8 of my tires that I can remember so I do sacrifice a bit of that lowered sexy look but I dont have to go a repair broken spoilers and other parts from the off road daily comute.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Well, at least it is all practical..

I think they look alright, I'm interested to see the colour properly though!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I'm pretty sure the point is though that even if he only uses the car as a weekender the roads there are ALL screwed anyways. Even if he only uses it once a week and it's lowered it'll still be impossible for him to not break anything.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I guess the question then is why modify the car at all? Wouldn't it be better completely stock, or maybe just add an exhaust or something to make it a bit less gay than stock?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I thought they looked good in the second pic, the spokes looked kind of cool there. Not really a fan of them in black though.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I guess the question then is why modify the car at all? Wouldn't it be better completely stock, or maybe just add an exhaust or something to make it a bit less gay than stock?

I guess it'd be better to mod it little bits here and there like he has, instead of leaving it bog stock and boring for him?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I guess I'm referring to the Brembos really. If the roads don't allow you to go fast, Brembos ain't much help.

G

Unregistered
Hey guys.
The city here is a bit like geelong.
You go around the city on the same few main roads and they are mostly decent.
The problem is all side roads are pot hole city. I work at the Bazzar here which is a massive version of the Victoria market.
As soon as you get of the main road its pretty bad and heaps of times you have to take a side dirt road to get around the traffic jam and thats why I dont lower the car.
Having the Brembos is great. They look awsome and I get more attention in the Leggie around town then any new BMW X6 or even CLS 55 AMG so thats saying something. I even had two nobs in a lexus landcruiser yell at me a few days ago saying hey is that a ferrari or something.
I do keep the car so so clean but its a daily work car and I even had it filled with 300-400kg of clothing today as we got a delivery and I love it as its the complete daily work car.
I got a awsome sound system in it. Stops really well. Gets admired on the roads. Can haull a ton of stock. Drags Mercs and Bmers of at the lights when I want to.
I cant really ask for more for a car for around $10,000 US.
I got a call that we should be doing the turbos next week or so and then it should also become one of the fastest cars in the country and without spending huge money.
I dont want a 4WD SUV as they suck. The leggie is 4WD and the only thing it is no good for is going to the wilderness mountains and for that we have 3 buggies in the family so the legnum is awsome as a daily driver and its not a biggie that its not lowered as it still looks tough and sporty.
I love having it modded and once I do the turbos and a few other bits and piece's like interior and ecu and injectors and crossdrilled rotors, I think it will be the most or almost the most modified vr4 in the world as I will make a list and I dont think anyone except for carsten is close in the mod department.( PS I do mean most mods not the best looking mods)
Some unique mods will be GTR turbos, tripple plate clutch, porsche recaros, angel eye headlights, and the all other serious mods that we all aim for on the VR4.

G

Unregistered
When I get back to melbourne I am pretty sure the car will not come but I want to bring a TVR Tuscan with me as I can get one cheap and re sell it for a packet and then use the profit to make a insane leggie in melbourne.
I will however have the manifolds and a few other bits and pieces like down pipes made here and take them with me as that will save me $1000-$2000 for sure.
Will all depend how the car goes with the garretts but even if not satisfied I will still use the same manifolds and get bigger gtr turbos if need be.
I would like to buy Adams Blue galant from PROS japan as I think thats a car with a awsome foundation for serious mods.
Not sure if I will get a leggie or galant but in melb I wont need to haull heaps of stuff around and will probably get a bigger car for the missus so might even get an evo or a gtr but I will weigh up my options but will need to be a 400-500hp car at least as I dont want to do the whole build up project just to refine it my way but get a car ready to 1/4 mile at under 13sec when I take the keys.

!BYQ0lQwBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBKglpCkEZ!~~_35.jpg

!BYT(pL!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CwEjlLluz7qBKgyhQpSRg~~_35.jpg

!BYT,5MQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLl)2U9BKgyttKQEg~~_35.jpg

This what i want to bring to melbourne with me. Then by a vr4 or a evo.

G

Unregistered
Yep I know but will have it in kyrgyzstan for 12months and then bring it back.

Top Bottom