Help with part numbers for Bodyworks

G

Unregistered
Hello everyone, sorry to jump right into a "please help me" thread without a real intro but I was a member from a while ago ( Scocia) and have since came back to Oz and picked up my Baby from storage.

Righto, the problem is after having my VR4 Back for 4 days it was parked out the front of my house. Some &*!)*@(#&!) has then, in the middle of the night, came along and reversed their 4WD into the boot causing a fair bit of damage including the spoiler and etc making it without certain lights and therefore un-drivable. Did I mention this was a hit and run? &*Y@#*(Y&@()!!!!!

So then, after wondering why after 2 weeks I have heard nothing from the body works shop I call them to find out that they are still waiting on a quote for parts from some national supplier of car parts. I told them thats a bit silly as its a mitsi and you could just go through mitsi AS or JPN. After being convinced that despite the excellent work they do to repair cars their Admin side of the house could need a bit of a kick up the arse.

Where I need the forum's support: I cannot get ( due to restrictions in wireless broadband usuage) ASA or CAPS just yet. So, I am asking if anyone out there can help me get the part numbers for the following parts for a 1999 Trigger Mauve ( TD08) Galant VR4 Type S:
R/H TAIL LAMP - MR439896
BOOT LID
L/H BOOT LID NAME-MITSUBISHI- MR108148
R/H BOOT LID BADGE- V R 4 BOOT GARNISH - MR300505
BOOT GARNISH-GALANT DECAL-CHROME
BOOT GARNISH ( not sure what they meant buy that? possibly the number plate surrond??)
BOOT SPOILER
BOOT SPOILER-MOUNT KIT IF SEPARATE

This is a hectic time for me with another major move coming up soon and I would really appreciate any help in this. Could even be a few beers in it for those of the Western Sydney/Blue Mountains orientation. Once again thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out with this.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
kenny, can you PM your Vin and I'll post up the diagram, from that you can identify the exact parts and then I'll get the part numbers for you

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Kenny that's terrible news man :( If Kat has difficulty determining part numbers let me know and I'm sure I'll be able to find them for you.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Its just I don't have a series 1 or series 2 Galant Vin# to reference from....

G

Unregistered
Hey guys, thanks for the offers! Much appreciated. I don't seem to be able to PMs people ATM. It just goes to a blank screen of doom and nothing gets sent. So I've emailed Trev the VIN.
If you don't get it mate just let me know and we'll work out an alternative means to get it to one of you.

Once again thanks so much for this. I've got all of a few hours each day I can be contacted the next two days to sort this out before I'm out of civilisation again for nearly a month.

Aaarrggh.

G

Unregistered
No dramas.

To hurry this along, are you able to PM me an email address to use and I'll fire that VIN your way? My free time gets eaten away so quickly these days! :(

EDIT: NM, got a hold of trev.

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
BOOT LID MR273254
"GALANT CHROME" from '96 to 3/7/98 MR191026
from 1/8/98 to 2002 MR463901

Spoiler will depend on the MM/YY and colour, still looking for the rest.

Gary

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
The boot garnish appears to come in a kit from what I can see, once again you will need the MM/YY and colour to get the right part number.

G

Unregistered
Thanks to everyone!
Collectively I think I've got all the part numbers the workshop will need to do the repairs whilst I'm away, assuming it doesn't take that long just for the parts to arrive!

Thank you again to Kat , Trev and Gary for the help.

Remember I owe you the next time your out my way of island!

I'll let you know how this all turns out and when I get some more spare time in the distant future I'll let the forum know how the VR4 is coming along. :)

Top Bottom