help with wheel nut lock undoing atttachment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
hey guys, i'm urgently (hence why i put this in the SA thread rather than the classifieds) looking for a wheel nut lock undoing attachment as i need to do some work on my car but lost my attachment and i don't know where the wheel nuts came from originally :( I already checked supercheap/repco/sprint but they only have ones with splines irregularly spaced, the ones i need are regularly spaced.

I found a similar one on ebay, basically just regularly spaced splines, and a narrow tube (wheel nut holes are fairly narrow!)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-Black-Tuner-Spline-Drive-Lug-Nuts-Wheel-Lugs-12x1-50-/130689223115?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6daf49cb

$(KGrHqR,!h!E9p!Z2)57BPnuOPeKuw~~60_57.jpg

does anyone have anything that looks like this that they could lend me for an afternoon? happy to pay something to borrowing one! i have ordered a replacement one off ebay but really need one faster than it will arrive!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I would head down to Wheelworx in Richmond. Their wheel nuts looks very similar. They'll at least be able to help you get them off the car.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
This might help?

interesting solution, probably works ok if you only need 1 removed, but all 20 of the wheel nuts are the same and i don't want to have to buy a new set of wheel nuts as well as heaps of sockets..

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Steve with the black Galant with red plate number GTTVR4 has a set of sinilar nuts that I sold to him. Maybe he can help you?

Bugz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
Trigger Manual Legume.. Couple of Rollas.
Looks like ones we well at work...Autobarn Mile End. But if you have tried others competitors that may not help.

I would check when i there next, but unsure when that is atm.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Hey Bugz so are you the guy with the silver galant there? If so, we have exchanged a few words before. Sorry OT

Bugz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
Trigger Manual Legume.. Couple of Rollas.
Na Buddy thats not me, thats Chris the installer. I work inside and own Legume- Triggin FL Leggy. :)

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
About 2 months ago I ordered a set of wheel nuts for my new wheels but I ordered the wrong thread size. They came with a splined socket and Ive sent this to Rockit in todays mail. His nuts look identical to mine so it should fit. LOL

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
About 2 months ago I ordered a set of wheel nuts for my new wheels but I ordered the wrong thread size. They came with a splined socket and Ive sent this to Rockit in todays mail. His nuts look identical to mine so it should fit. LOL

yep, thanks again for helping me out! fingers crossed that it works, although I cant see any reason why it shouldn't:)

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
That's how I change my wheels every time, I just find it easier than working out what the right size socket is - and I only have one size blade for my reciprocating saw :p

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
I ordered the correct size wheel nuts last night and this morning they have been dispatched already and come with another tool. Anyone with a late model Falcon need some brand new wheel nuts but no tool.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
Roberts adapter fitted, so got them off:). Thanks heaps for sending it over!

a mod can close this thread if desired.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
That is the first time I've ever sent anything via Aust post, next day delivery and its arrived next day. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom