HIGH RPM JERKING FIXED

G

Unregistered
Hi guys thought I would share.
Cleaned the injectors and re gapped the plugs to .6 (denso irridium plugs) and I was getting a jerking around 5K rpm onwards and now seems to be ok and pulling strong.
Pays to keep the car tuned nicely.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Is it just me, or does this thread title make others do a double take? lol

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
A mate of mine worked at a Subaru dealership when WR-Xs first got really popular, and he had a customer come back in, absolutely furious, that his brand new WR-X was missing at high revs, a day after he'd picked it up.

They do all the usual computer checks...nothing wrong...mechanic test drive...all clear. Sent him on his way, only to have him come back again the next day. So having repeated all the usual checks, they get in the car with him to find out what is causing it to happen. Turned out he was hitting the rev limiter....

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
...he had a customer come back in, absolutely furious, that his brand new WR-X was missing at high revs, a day after he'd picked it up...

...Turned out he was hitting the rev limiter....

Now that is a High RPM Jerk. :D

G

Unregistered
A mate of mine worked at a Subaru dealership when WR-Xs first got really popular, and he had a customer come back in, absolutely furious, that his brand new WR-X was missing at high revs, a day after he'd picked it up.

They do all the usual computer checks...nothing wrong...mechanic test drive...all clear. Sent him on his way, only to have him come back again the next day. So having repeated all the usual checks, they get in the car with him to find out what is causing it to happen. Turned out he was hitting the rev limiter....

brand new and smashing the limiter.. as if rex's arent bad enough without giving them another reason to kill a bearing. :p

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Hey Adam, How long since the injectors were cleaned and the plugs checked? Did this just happen or has this been an ongoing saga?

G

Unregistered
I got the car with 78k on the clock and now clocked over to 84k.
I also installed new denso irridium plugs at about 81-82K and I found that when I bought a high gear octane boost 105 which u put 50ml with every tank.
After the pack ran out about 9 tank full's a couple of weeks later I started to notice the jerking.
I was going to do the belts anyway so when we did the belts we pulled the injectors and then while we had it all off we also checked the plugs and the turbo guy here and there is only one as far as I know in the capital. He noticed that the plugs looked a bit out so he re gapped them.
The jerking has dissapeared in 1st,2nd and 3rd but 4th was still a bit jerky once but around the city there are not any places to wind the car up in 4th.
I will keep an eye on it over the next few weeks and brad is sending me from NZ new leads, and his spare coil's so I hope its 100%.
Also will be installing the greddy fuel and air controllers when they arrive from NZ so we will be doing heaps of tuning when its all installed. Also installing a front mount in a week or two so more tuning again.

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
My baby has a little bit of a miss/jerk in fourth and fith when i am loading it up slowly. (ei: overtaking without dropping it back a gear).. had it looked at today, i need new plugs (bkr7eix) get them this arvo cost me 11.65 each. so i will fit them this weekend or next, and then let ppl know how it go's

rob

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
i have a contact that works for the mod that supplies autobarn, auto-pro, ect
a Z56B cost me $5 :)

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
i am already looking into becoming a little parts supllier, just dont want to get my contact sacked or something!! but i will let ppl know how it all goes.
all i do know is that if i can do it it will be for forum cars only, i dont want to end up supplying half of aust..

Top Bottom