How do i disable ASC?

G

Unregistered
G'day everyone,
Just wanting to know how do disable my ASC, i find it intrusive and a bit annoying! is it as simple as pulling a fuse without logging major faults?

Cheers, Bart.

G

Unregistered
Definately ASC. I think sensors on it maybe be prematurely triggering it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It is quite hard to get it to activate unless you're actually sliding. Do you have crappy or mismatched tyres?

G

Unregistered
Crappy/Mismatched lol. Good ones on the front, shit ones on the rear. It will activate even when going quite slow round tight corners (ie in the city.) This because of different wheel speeds?

G

Unregistered
lol roger, ill do it in the next few days!

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
What is happening when it triggers?

I have a fault that I think maybe the ASC. The left front seems to brake when going slowly around left hand corners (I end up with a grinding thunking sound).

Pulling the ABS fuse disables ASC and TCL and ABS. I haven't been able to disable ASC only.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
the only time i feel asc is when i boot it from a stop and the car slides with traction control on,it drifts then it feels like you suddenly get thrown in watever direction your car is pointing

G

Unregistered
What is happening when it triggers?

I have a fault that I think maybe the ASC. The left front seems to brake when going slowly around left hand corners (I end up with a grinding thunking sound).

Pulling the ABS fuse disables ASC and TCL and ABS. I haven't been able to disable ASC only.

I get some pretty crazy noises coming from just in front of the steering wheel! Then when you get back driving straight it gives a clunk from the rear, not for the faint hearted lol.

Still havent got tyres, only just replaced thermostat today:mad:

Will update when its done!

G

Unregistered
i think i got similar problem on my leggie as well
drift a bit when after a bumpy surface , back of the car swing to the left a bit and come back

and also some times the TCL OFF light come on itself and then engine light stay on when driving...

are u experiencing the same?

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
The ASC works through the ABS and will activate brakes.

Intermittently when I turn left slowly I hear the ABS activate and the brakes come on the front left (mainly).

The thunking noise is the ABS (if you have the same problem). The TCL and skidding car light (which I think relates to the ASC) sometimes come on.

I also get a steering sensor error code.

It seems not many people know about the ASC. Even the mechanics (like Neal Lowe) keep saying "You mean AYC", when I tell them about the problem.

"NO! BLOODY ASC!!!"

G

Unregistered
Ok just read thru this thread and nothing in here about actually turning it off. Went for a blast thru the hills the other nite and the ASC is damn annoying, the car has sooo much more to give but the ASC just intervenes with all the fun, also used the handbrake to initiate a slide and in it came, must be able to turn it off somehow. Unless its going to be a foot break hand break trick like in the Toyota Aurion

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
You should be able to just pull the fuse, I've never tried it myself though.

As I asked the original poster though, what tyres do you have?

Top Bottom