I think so, I'll look tommorow. It should be MR407436

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Same as mine, I was lucky enough to find a second hand unit in perfect condition from Tasmania, $200. I would say be patient and keep a look out, they're very hard to come across. It's a pain though with the flashing lights, I actually put some black insulation tape on the dash for a few weeks.

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
There is currently one for sale on ebay. I thought there would be another solution than buying a new one.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
I'm not sure new ones are available and if they are I would imagine about $1500 plus

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
I found out today that the screw from the brake hose on the rear caliper was not properly tightened, which was causing the brake fluid to leak. Tommorow I'll bleed the brakes out and let you know.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
That would be welcome over the abs module any day! I do suspect though that if the error code shows on startup it's probably still the pump.
I spent a lot of time checking ASC ecu, ABS sensors, pressure switch and wiring and the ASC relays. Wasn't much else to do while waiting for a pump to show up for sale.

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
The error code doesn't show on startup, only above 50 km/h. Today, after tightening the screw (without brakes bleeding) I drove about 110 km without any errors. But then the error appeared again..

Last edited:

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Hi Danny, any updates on this? I'm a little thrown out that it only shows up after a while. Mine came up driving down the road suddenly and stayed on permanently.

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
I had a problem with my second Galant, so I didn't have time for VR4. But what I found out is that when I step on the gas at 50km/h, I can hear the ABS pump but when I release the pedal, the pump stops. If I get over 50 km/h without having to add gas at 50 km/h, the fault no longer appears. until the next start. I'll hopefully get around to bleeding the brakes today, so I'll let you know if anything changes.

Danny

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
6A13TT A/T sedan 1998
So bleeding the brakes didn't help, I still have the same problem.

Does anyone know why the ABS/ASC activates at 50 km/h?

Top Bottom